Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pick up a 2019 renegade sport 4x4 in anvil gray! Love the feel of the car so far and really wondering how capable something of this size can really be. Definitely excited to research and see what I can do to it to make it a little more capable, like lifts, bigger knobbier tires etc. as well as accessories.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

I too live in NorCal, Pioneer, two feet of snow, no problem... with better tires. :)

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Nice, thanks for the pics.

You will definitely want to upgrade the tires before heading up to the snow.

Mine originally came with the Falken Wildpeak H/T, and they are garbage, I couldn't even get out of my driveway in light snow.
Don't get me wrong, I like the Falken tire, in fact the WildPeak A/T3W are a great All-Terrain tire, and work good in the snow. Just NOT the one that came on my Renegade. I ended up going with the BDGoodrich KO2's (great tire).

225/65R17 will fit without any problems.
18 inch rims have a smaller selection; you will want to stay under a 28.5 inch tire until after some modifications (lift, spacers etc.), or the front tires will rub at about 3/4 turn.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I glad to hear it does good in the snow! I'm only in the Sac area but moving in January to the salt lake area. Here's the ride!
I see you have the Upland model, you are well on your way. Having the tow hooks and front skid plate is one hurdle your Sport has already accomplished toward offload capabilities. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new ride, enjoy it. It looks great btw.

·
Super Moderator
3,604 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome aboard!

As I DoMyOwnRacing points out, stay clear of any Highway Tread (H/T) rated tire for what you are wanting to do. I just bought some Falken Wildpeak all-terrain (A/T) Trails. They are good in the snow thus far (8" is the most we've seen this winter). And they are still quiet around town.

That K02 he mentioned is the more aggressive tire for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts