Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any of you lucky enough to be able to get to the New York Auto Show this week to see the Renegade, could you please post your impressions of it from seeing it in-person.

For example, could you please sit in the drivers seat, slide the seat back as far as possible see how the drivers legroom is, is there enough room for a 6' 1" tall person?

Other drivers comfort things to check out, what is the seat width like, shoulder area width, headroom and knee room obstructions?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Woody, how did it look in person vs the pics, bigger, smaller, taller, shorter, etc?

What did you like most about it?

What surprised you the most?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Those are very good questions. I can only comment on the TH being that it was on floor level whereas the Latitude was on an elevated rotational platform. The real shame is that they kept these vehicles locked for fears that they don't want the public adding further damage after what the media did to it.

Height wise it was on par with maybe the latest gen. Nissan Rogue from just a visual perspective. I may be off a few inches here and there. As far as length it did seem longer than the Kia Soul. Again, I'm just doing guess work without doing a physical measurement.

By mere physical inspection such as shaking the body, trying to open up the doors, knocking on the hood and toggling the grille, I would say it seem made well. What was interesting, the tailgate has two separate rubber buttons to open. I'm guessing it is for unlocking and triggering the power lift-gate. The Latitude only had one, so that is my assumption. Also, the TH didn't have a push button start, maybe part of a higher package.

The rear seating area did look a little tight as far as legroom. So if your above average build, maybe consider the larger Cherokee. Height won't be a problem for most folks sine the roof line seemed kind of high inside.

Also, surprising is that the Latitude had driver power seats, like the more expensive TH.

What I liked is that visibility is going to be awesome all around. Being that the car is rectangular with large windows, blind spots will be minimal.

Reps didn't want to give out pricing or dealer delivery dates, but one hinted last quarter of this year.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks, Woody. These are good pictures. I was getting a lot of glare with my cell phone camera.

The height on the Renegade is going to be great for us shorter people. I stood next to it and I do believe I would be able to load a kayak or canoe or other boat on the roof by myself. I cannot do that with my Liberty because it's just too tall to have enough leverage. I will also be able to thoroughly rid the roof of snow with my telescoping snow brush, which is a challenge for me with the Liberty.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Weird how the public wasn't allowed to sit in it, maybe this might have to do with it possibly being a pre-production model?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Weird how the public wasn't allowed to sit in it, maybe this might have to do with it possibly being a pre-production model?
The very flamboyant and hand built Rolls Royce Wraith had given the public a chance to sit in it, but not sub $30,000 Jeep CUV? Give me a break. Jeep must have at least 20 of these in circulation. One could have been used for public use.>:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
The very flamboyant and hand built Rolls Royce Wraith had given the public a chance to sit in it, but not sub $30,000 Jeep CUV? Give me a break. Jeep must have at least 20 of these in circulation. One could have been used for public use.
:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts