Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep...told the salesman "that has got to go" on my test drive yesterday...he assured me it could be disabled....now it's mine and I can't seem to disable it...Hill Assist can be shut off but not speed warning as far as I can see.....even if I could turn up the threshold to say 200mph that would work...:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check the center screen menu settings...

Hello,
If y'all are referring to the warning that says something like "Speed exceeding gear range" or something like that, along with a very annoying chime, I was able to disable it on my Latitude 1.4L 6-spd. It's in the menu settings, accessed by the arrows on the left of the steering wheel, I think under Safety and Security (but it's been a few days and I don't remember specifically), where you can set the warning to Off.
I recommend you play with all the menu settings (I think there's 8 different sections), as it took me about an hour of experimenting with all of them to dial in the functions I liked.
Hope this helps,
Tony
:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's in the UConnect settings, probably under the safety features. You can set the threshold as well as turn it off completely. We've got ours set to 20, since at 20+, that's an automatic 6 points which is a big no thank you.
Mine pops up the minute I exceed 30mph....not even close to the speed limit....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine was set to 20mph when I test drove it... very annoying. To disable (or set to a higher limit):

Navigate to "settings" on the in-dash/gauges menu screen > security > speed warning > select off or what you want the limit to be set at.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Mine was set to 30 mph when I picked up my car. I changed it to 5 above the speed limit around here which is 65 mph. Haven't heard it since.

Reactions: Rado Red

·
Registered
499 Posts
The setting on mine is a threshold over the listed speed limit (as shown by the nav system). Are you guys with a static setting not equipped with Nav or something? In other words, I set mine to 20 and it only triggers if I go 20 over the current speed limit, so 50 in a 30mph, 75 in a 55mph, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The setting on mine is a threshold over the listed speed limit (as shown by the nav system). Are you guys with a static setting not equipped with Nav or something? In other words, I set mine to 20 and it only triggers if I go 20 over the current speed limit, so 50 in a 30mph, 75 in a 55mph, etc.
These are 2 different features...the obnoxious warning shows up on the center display under Security-Speed Warning-Hill Assist. The NAV warning for over the speed limit is contained in the NAV settings...hope this helps....

·
Registered
499 Posts
These are 2 different features...the obnoxious warning shows up on the center display under Security-Speed Warning-Hill Assist. The NAV warning for over the speed limit is contained in the NAV settings...hope this helps....
Ah that explains it! Thanks for clearing it up, I thought I was going crazy here. Well I suppose I could still be...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I just delivered my first Renegade. Scroll the down arrow on the left side of the
steering wheel, ( EVIC controls), until you read Vehicle Settings. Press OK and scroll
to Security. Press OK select Speed Warnings. Select desired speed or Off. Press OK
to return to original EVIC display.
Rick Wresche
Suburban CDJ&R of Ann Arbor, Mi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You'll need to access the menu in the dash via the controls on the left side of the steering wheel. Use the up and down controls and scroll to vehicle settings. Click the ok button to enter menu. Scroll up or down to safety and security. Click okay. Scroll up or down until you get speed warning. Adjust accordingly or turn it off. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep...told the salesman "that has got to go" on my test drive yesterday...he assured me it could be disabled....now it's mine and I can't seem to disable it...Hill Assist can be shut off but not speed warning as far as I can see.....even if I could turn up the threshold to say 200mph that would work...:D
The setting is in the map setting. Hit NAV , setting, speed limit, and uncheck announce speed limit warning.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.