1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone install the OEM mudflaps?
If so did it require drilling?
And how do they last over time?
If you can share some pictures of the look will be great.
If you have other recommendations besides OEM I will appreciate that as well.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The oem flaps require some minor drilling for installation. The fronts require 1 drilled hole each. The rear use the pre existing holes. I was going to install the oem flaps but my nephew bought me the Weathertechs for xmas.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I did the OEM flaps. Very happy to date. Most helpful with salty slush. Very sturdy install.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Went OEM. Installed from day 1 and now well over 44k. Still completely happy with them. Had to drill one small hole each for the front, I believe. Holding up like champs...no tears, rips, or breaks at all. (Couldn't turn the 1st pic up correctly...*shrugs*)

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've had the OEM on since new as well with no issues to date (8000 miles). Here is a side shot so you can see how much they extend below the body. Guys that off road don't typically care for them because they can hang up on obstacles but they work great for keeping excess tire spray off the body in the rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
BU Mopar Splash Guards on a BV: Fitment Issue.

I put all 4 Mopar splash guards on my 2019 Trailhawk.

As others experienced, the left front needs minor trimming (Or trim the fender liner) accomplished with a sharp craft knife. No big deal. The fronts include rivets and you have to drill two 3/16" holes per side into plastic, not the actual metal fender.

The back was more complicated.
Both sides on my 2019 are missing the middle vertical screw that the older, BU Renegades have.
The right rear BV fender liner is no longer flat across the bottom like the left and on both sides of the older BUs. There is a new molded shape pushing forward into the wheel well. There is nothing behind it on my 1.3T Trailhawk. (The space must be for a different or future configuration.) Considerable trimming of the right rear mud flap was required. I took about a 1x5" chunk off the flap with a craft knife.

Summary: Rear mud flaps may no longer be a quick 10 minute job. Allow extra time and have a sharp knife handy. This may change if Mopar rolls out a new set of rear mudflaps to match the new right rear fender liner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts