Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm hitting some trails in West Michigan and was curious about proper tire deflatement for the trailhawk. The trail has a mixture of rock, mud, sand and so forth.

Curious to see what you guys have aired down to previously and how well it worked. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Southern California desert mountain offroading in my trailhawk. Never needed to air down the tires. 35-40 psi. Sure I might've been better but that saved me a trip to a gas station to refill for the streets.

I've done rocks, deep ruts, steep hills, large rocks, silt stream crossing, and a little bit of mud.

My brother is currently at pismo beach for the weekend and he got stuck at 40 psi. Someone pulled him out. He aired down to 20 psi. Waiting for him to get back so I can upload the pics and clips.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here in South Africa we don't use the PSI scale, so I will have to download a converter soon. Generally I drive at 2.2Bar on asphalt. When I go on dirt or a trail, I would deflate to 1.5Bar. When I drive on soft sand or dunes, I would go as low as 0.8Bar. Always Keep a decent size compressor with me though so that I can inflate as soon as I hit the tar again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.