Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the lights them selves are marketed as offroad. these arnt pointed out in front like normal ones would be higher. i put these here so it acted like another set of fogs. it still lights the road ahead like 7 feet out. makes nice usable light. im thinking of getting like one of those 24 inch light bars for the middle grill and point those out far with a switch.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You may get a lot of people flashing their high beams at you. Lights marketed as "off-road" have no method of controlling where the light shines like the oem headlights have.

You could easily make those lights turn on only with the high beams using a relay. I did this for my light bar.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i thought ahead. i had my friends drive toward me while i drive toward them and asked if they blinded them at all. they said no so i was happy. when we install lights we always check if we blind people he got his rugged ridge fogs lights the same day we had to aim as well. i like where your lights are i was thinkin maybe a smaller one right in the middle grill. can you take a picture of the light out put in front of you. on an off

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just installed some this weekend (finally). Luckily these have a remote switch so I don't have to worry about the wiring issue. Main focus for these is to light up what I plan to climb which means I can't drive with them or I'll cause wrecks everywhere I go ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you order your light bar? I'm not interested in the italian company, I'm not a fan of the chrome. I was considering having one modified (brother in law is a welder) but if a light bar is being sold, I'd rather buy it already finished.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the info folks, I have installed Warn fog/offroad lamps (well just the wiring under the hood for now). They're wireless so I have the switch on a fob that could be permanent mounted later. I'm trying to decide where to mount the 3.5" oval lamps on the Renny since mine didn't come with fog lamps. Your pics will come in handy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.