Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had over 3000 fun filled miles on my Jeep, until yesterday! :crying: Went to start it up and every warning light came on...cycled thru them all...stopping on "Service Transmission"...wouldnt move out of park, couldnt disengage the brake...engine ran but choppy...SAY IT AINT SO! Boo hoo. Had it towed to the Dealer. Thank God I wasnt driving somewhere at night in the rain or snow. Will update when I know more. Wish I bought the Wrangler...Id sacrifice mpg for reliability!

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had over 3000 fun filled miles on my Jeep, until yesterday! :crying: Went to start it up and every warning light came on...cycled thru them all...stopping on "Service Transmission"...wouldnt move out of park, couldnt disengage the brake...engine ran but choppy...SAY IT AINT SO! Boo hoo. Had it towed to the Dealer. Thank God I wasnt driving somewhere at night in the rain or snow. Will update when I know more. Wish I bought the Wrangler...Id sacrifice mpg for reliability!
Terrible news, nobody wants to hear about problems like this, but still we have to know these things to have a true evaluation of this platform. You are right that the aggravation could have been worse.
Although the honeymoon might be over I hope you have a speedy reconciliation.
Love your username BTW

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm pretty confident it'll be a flash or something electrically. Stay positive, I know it bites. Ours has been in for over 30 days now...Dealer picked up the tab on a lot of things, so maybe there is some method of recourse for your "suffering".

/codev

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I too wish you would never have trouble with a new car. It sucks for anybody and for any car.

I still think the baby is worth it despite the bath water.

Hang in there. :)

PS. I couldn't sleep at night whenever my BMW was at the dealer for maintenance.

So you're in good company.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Let us know what the dealers finds. It could be something as simple as a loose battery connection.
This is very true. I had a similar situation, except it was flashing a code regarding the 4x4. I took it in and a loose negative connection is what they came up with. I have driven several hundred trouble free miles since then.

·
Registered
221 Posts
How did your situation end up turning out, Aardvark?

As someone who just purchased a Latitude yesterday, this forum is making my heart sink quickly...
Thanks for asking. It turned out ok, actually. Got a free extended warranty and one car payment from FCA. The car has been running fine ever since, including some moderate offroading. I'm at about 3700 miles and trouble-free since 300. I really really love the car, although I have to say I'm still not 100% confident in the reliability. Whenever I'm heading out in the desert or somewhere in the middle of nowhere there's this twinge of nervousness. It's going away (slowly), but it's still there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Theyve had my jeep since Fri late am...as of yesterday end of day they dont know much. They know its not going to be a quick fix...they know it looks like itll go into next week...and that is all they know. :( They asked if I took it into water (I didnt but ???) and wondered why there was so much sand in it :O (ummm because I parked at the beach maybe? On the street...pavement, not sand...and hi, its a JEEP). Hanging in there...and researching my options should this go badly. Meanwhile Im driving a sedan they provided and canceled all my kayaking plans because they have my jeep AND RACKS. :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm pretty confident it'll be a flash or something electrically. Stay positive, I know it bites. Ours has been in for over 30 days now...Dealer picked up the tab on a lot of things, so maybe there is some method of recourse for your "suffering".

/codev
Codev...what did your Dealer pick up the tab on??? And was it the Dealer you purchased your Jeep at? Im worried because although every Service Dept. is supposed to treat me the same its NOT the Dealer I purchased my vehicle at, and they seem to be lacking in customer service so far. When I called after 24 hours for an update they said "Just because you have your vehicle towed here it doesnt mean we are going to look at it right away." Grrr...Trying to stay positive and give the benefit of doubt here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had the same issue at 100 miles. It was in the shop for a week. It was computer control module related. I've driven well over a thousand miles since with no problem. FCA was great, so I know it will work out fine for you.

Send a PM to JeepCares on this message board. He will be a great help.
StrikeZ thanks! How do I reach the FCA? And who is JeepCares? I am SO new at all this. Today is my day of research. Thanks again.

·
Registered
499 Posts
StrikeZ thanks! How do I reach the FCA? And who is JeepCares? I am SO new at all this. Today is my day of research. Thanks again.
@JeepCares is a member on here who happens to be a Jeep Customer Care Representative. He can look into your case for you from a corporate perspective and provide the dealership with guidance if need be.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.