Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've only had the Trailhawk two days, but I'm already putting my maintenance-item list together. I usually use the K&N oil filters with the 1" hex stamping so that they're easier to remove, but since this truck has those skidplates I wanted to know if anyone else has used this filter (HP-1017 if memory serves) and if it cleared right, before I order ten filters to keep on the shelf.

Additionally I'm kind of mulling-over a remote oil filter adapter, and one of those quarter-turn snap drain valves to replace the drain plug, plus a length of appropriate tubing from the end of it to get the oil drain past the skidplate or to one of the holes. Ideally I'd like to not have to remove the skidplates to do the stupid simple maintenance if possible.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's why I'm also considering a remote oil filter adapter. Put the filter up high like just under the hood somewhere, so it's easier to get to from above.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oil change can be done with out removing the skid plate. It is a bit messy, but the oil filter can be removed by reaching through the center hole and the drain is exposed. However, it is not a big deal to remove the plate. REM; the two bolts at the back are only loosen to hold the back of the plate up for you, at remove and install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts