Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Lil'Red is getting his first oil change today. The "Oil change required" went off this weekend. Coincidence or good timing - who knows - as just last Thursday I was thinking "Hrmmm - Seems like the computer might never tell me - should I just change it myself?"

So anyways - here I sit...

The tech came back out about 10 minutes after pulling it in to tell me there's 12 software updates to do as well.

While they've got it they're going to flash the TPM valves in my steelies for me. After three visits to the tire shop that mounted them up, they still weren't able to properly flash them. Needless to say - even though their mounting and balancing was fine - I likely will never go back for services.

Oil change and software updates will be free... I'm sure they'll hit me with $40 or $50 for the TPM flash.

Let's see how long this all takes... 12 software updates sounds like a lot - but I don't know much about the process, so who knows.

Will certainly list the updates they install, once everything's done. :)

· Registered
263 Posts
God I am a car nerd, but I await your results. First curious on what they get ya to flash TPMS, then if you don't mind prying ask to see and get a list of the updates they provided. Might provide useful to those of us who geek out on that sort of thing.

Thanks

Ryan

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And we're done... Not bad... The TPM valves weren't actually the problem, apparently there was a software update for the vehicle's TPMS which fixed that problem. Guess the service shop that mounted my steelies for me are redeemed, :)

Scanned the invoice and uploaded the images, after a bit of chopping, :)

Attachments

· Registered
263 Posts
Thanks! Looks like at least half of the updates where to the ABS, Traction Control, ESC. Hopefully these are the updates to the Yaw control that have been messing with peoples trucks. Curious what the Software changes for the BCM entail (Body Control Module) and the HVAC. Not sure of what the remaining updates were RFH etc. Thanks for posting

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem at all, :)

Planned on doing a little research later tonight once I get home from the office, to see if I can figure out what each of the updates is supposed to be addressing. I haven't had any noticeable issues with my Ren' outside of the mileage not being excessively impressive. Still - gets better mileage than my Durango ever did, so... :)

· Registered
91 Posts
I too would like to know what all the updates were. God only knows if anything was done while sitting on the lot for all those months.

Chris, please come over and bless my car with such good mileage. I'm driving the best I can, praying, hoping, crossing my fingers and toes, mixing witches brews and howling at the moon for impressive mpg. It may be up for a good blessing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.