Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I completed the recall a month ago and took my 2015 renegade back in when it hit the mileage. It didn’t pass. So now they have my car and are awaiting approval from Chrysler to replace the motor. This was Saturday and no response yet by today Tuesday.
they have asked me for oil change records which I did my own oil changes and did not save receipts. I am worried this will be an excuse to void it despite this being an obviously consistent problems with this motor in all the cars it was placed in. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
173 Posts
Since it's a problem that generated a recall it should not matter. I've heard when they do the test they change the oil and zip tie the dip stick to prevent removal. They're also supposed to put a witness mark on the drain plug. This should insure no oil is drained by someone to falsify the test. Since they still have your Jeep, it obviously failed and they are satisfied it meets the criteria for replacement.
I have spreadsheets on all my vehicles with dates, mileage, and work done. Did you keep any maintenance records at all?

Reactions: Mrsig

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since it's a problem that generated a recall it should not matter. I've heard when they do the test they change the oil and zip tie the dip stick to prevent removal. They're also supposed to put a witness mark on the drain plug. This should insure no oil is drained by someone to falsify the test. Since they still have your Jeep, it obviously failed and they are satisfied it meets the criteria for replacement.
I have spreadsheets on all my vehicles with dates, mileage, and work done. Did you keep any maintenance records at all?
This dealership most definitely did not do anything to the dipstick and I checked it once and called because it was so low. I did not keep any maintenance records and hope I don’t regret it but I will have to start now. I do agree it should not matter but was just wondering if anyone is gone this far in the recall who would have any insight on how this works next.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
When I had mine test done, I didn't qualify for replacement even though it uses oil. All of my driving is at highway speed with minimal stops. I've read that several short trips with stop and go will use more oil. I should've taken all side roads to work....

So now I have to keep checking and adding oil. Maddening.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I completed the recall a month ago and took my 2015 renegade back in when it hit the mileage. It didn’t pass. So now they have my car and are awaiting approval from Chrysler to replace the motor. This was Saturday and no response yet by today Tuesday.
they have asked me for oil change records which I did my own oil changes and did not save receipts. I am worried this will be an excuse to void it despite this being an obviously consistent problems with this motor in all the cars it was placed in. Any thoughts?
Just took our 2015 Renegade in for the first part today. New engine would be great so we'll see! We have another issue with coolant level disappearing rather quickly so think we just need to make sure that is kept at good level until oil test is complete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts