Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

There is an Oil Consumption recall for my 2017 Renegade which hasn't been completed yet. Last week a "Low Oil Pressure" light came on when I started the car and it stalled while driving. My car won't start now and it's at the shop waiting to be fixed. Are these two issues related? If so, is the dealer supposed to cover the repairs?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Welcome!

If you do a search here, you'll find a lot more information about the recall. (That's for the 2.4L Tigershark engine, if I'm not mistaken -- I've got the 1.3T).

I believe the dealer will do a consumption test; depending on its outcome, they may give you a new engine.

Low Oil Pressure can obviously happen with too much oil consumption. Problem is, you're still not off the hook for checking the oil level -- and the oil consumption wouldn't have happened all of a sudden. If the dealer feels you haven't been checking, they might deny coverage...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a Friendly FYI When sitting at the gas pump It takes about 1 minute to check your oil while your waiting for the pump !!! A couple minutes of your time can save you thousands of dollars in repair bills. Sorry to hear of your misfortune but most issues can be solved with a little preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
When sitting at the gas pump It takes about 1 minute to check your oil while your waiting for the pump !!!
True. But most people would probably agree that checking oil every time you get fuel is a little overkill with modern vehicles. Kind of how it was done in the 1950s by the gas station attendant... ;)
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I check mine about once a month.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to do it more often... 👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts