Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

2015 1.4 6 speed "north".
At around 2600 km I noticed a small engine oil leak and a small coolant leak. Both were on the passenger side, so the front of the engine. When it comes to cars I don't lift the hood to do anything more that add windshield washer fluid or change a light bulb so we made and appointment to have the leaks looked at. The dealer took it all apart and told me the water pump needs to be replaced but they are on back order and they have no idea when they will be able to put the car back together. They have not said if they found the oil leak...at first the dealer said we could not have a lower or rental then they said they could...we are now driving a Nissan micra...curious if anyone else has heard about back ordered water pumps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water pump

Also Renegade (2015 1.4 6MT) a small engine oil leak passenger side. Whether it was a water pump, or something else?
They changed the water pump and that fixed the leaks. They could not explain how the water pump had any connection to the oil leak but it dos seam to have fixed the leaks. It took them a week to get the pump and get it changed but they covered the cost of a rental for the 7 days they had the jeep.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can you post a pic of where the leak originated? I too have a 1.4T with M/T and I would like to check that all is fine. Thanx.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
second water pump leak

The second water pump started to leak the same as the first...they changed it again under warantee.

They changed the water pump and that fixed the leaks. They could not explain how the water pump had any connection to the oil leak but it dos seam to have fixed the leaks. It took them a week to get the pump and get it changed but they covered the cost of a rental for the 7 days they had the jeep.

·
Super Moderator
2,391 Posts
Oil leak could be at the oil cooler.

Pumps of that age shouldn't leak.
Especially not twice in a row.
(I've only heard of a few go on this engine prematurely.)

Did they fit a genuine part?
Did they do it right?

I'd sic JeepCares on 'em.
But I wouldn't bin the car over this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.