Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went thru all the menus on my Latitude and cannot find anything that says the % of oil life that is left. I don't have the more expensive color display so maybe it is not in there. Does anybody know ? Will it still give a warning about when the oil needs changing ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
According to the manual, a light will display on the dash when the oil needs to be changed. Within 300 miles of seeing this, you should go and get the oil and filter replaced.

Based on what I have seen on the forums here I believe it accords somewhere around 7000 miles (depending on operating factors).

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you use the controls on the steering wheel to scroll down through the menus on the dash display, you will find it in the 2nd menu: "Vehicle Info". You will then need to scroll to the last option (past the tire pressure, voltage, etc) to the Service display. It will tell you the approximate miles and number of days until you need to service the vehicle. I assumed that this was the oil change interval, as it seems to coincide with that service. I just got my Latitude with the 1.4 engine, so it is telling me that I have over 9000 miles and almost a year before the service is due.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you use the controls on the steering wheel to scroll down through the menus on the dash display, you will find it in the 2nd menu: "Vehicle Info". You will then need to scroll to the last option (past the tire pressure, voltage, etc) to the Service display. It will tell you the approximate miles and number of days until you need to service the vehicle. I assumed that this was the oil change interval, as it seems to coincide with that service. I just got my Latitude with the 1.4 engine, so it is telling me that I have over 9000 miles and almost a year before the service is due.
I don't have "Service" in my menu. I have the "Vehicle Info" menu but none of the choices are "Service". I would be curious if anybody with the 2.4L engine has the "Service" menu and maybe it is only with the 1.4 engine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I checked the menus on my system today, and under the "Vehicle Info" option there are 5 screens that you can scroll through (using the left & right arrows): tire pressure, voltage, coolant temperature, oil temperature, and the last is the "Service" screen which displays the number of days and number of miles until service (oil change) is due. Royalblue, do you have 5 screens or only 4 on your 2.4l Renegade?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I checked the menus on my system today, and under the "Vehicle Info" option there are 5 screens that you can scroll through (using the left & right arrows): tire pressure, voltage, coolant temperature, oil temperature, and the last is the "Service" screen which displays the number of days and number of miles until service (oil change) is due. Royalblue, do you have 5 screens or only 4 on your 2.4l Renegade?
I have 5 screens and they are -
- tire pressure
- engine coolant temp
- transmission temp
- engine oil temp
- battery voltage

I do not have a Service Menu. The funny thing is page 208 and 209 of my owners manual references exactly what I have. Curious what your manual says. Maybe in the US you have different software for your menus. Maybe another Canadian will chime in about this.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have 5 screens and they are -
Maybe another Canadian will chime in about this.
My Canadian TrailHawk does indeed have the service menu:
- tire pressure
- engine coolant temp
- transmission temp
- engine oil temp
- battery voltage
- Service

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Canadian TrailHawk does indeed have the service menu:
- tire pressure
- engine coolant temp
- transmission temp
- engine oil temp
- battery voltage
- Service
On the Trailhawk you have the 7 inch full color in cluster display. I have the simple monochrome display. Your menus should be different. I am looking for people that have the Latitude or North model with the monochrome display. If they have the service menu it is possible there is different software.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am looking for people that have the Latitude or North model with the monochrome display. If they have the service menu it is possible there is different software.
Very true, however I would think (therefore nowhere near a fact) that the difference would be in the main menus (i.e. digital speedo, audio info, fuel economy etc.). It would be good if the pages under the Vehicle Info menu were similar/the same. Assuming the North had the same vehicle sensors. Perhaps they don't.

·
Super Moderator
3,335 Posts
On the Trailhawk you have the 7 inch full color in cluster display. I have the simple monochrome display. Your menus should be different. I am looking for people that have the Latitude or North model with the monochrome display. If they have the service menu it is possible there is different software.
I have the trailhawk, and no service menu.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My Latitude has a manual transmission, so they must've swapped the transmission temperature display for the Service display on manual equipped vehicles. Royalblue, is your Latitude an automatic or manual transmission?

I checked the owner's manual I received from FCA, and on page 208-209 it is the same as yours (no mention of "Service" as you stated). In the manual on page 209 under the "Transmission Temperature" heading it states: "Display the temperature of the automatic transmission (if equipped)." So, I would venture to guess that if you have an automatic transmission you get a temperature sensor display, and if you have a manual transmission you get the "Service" display.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My Latitude has a manual transmission, so they must've swapped the transmission temperature display for the Service display on manual equipped vehicles. Royalblue, is your Latitude an automatic or manual transmission?

I checked the owner's manual I received from FCA, and on page 208-209 it is the same as yours (no mention of "Service" as you stated). In the manual on page 209 under the "Transmission Temperature" heading it states: "Display the temperature of the automatic transmission (if equipped)." So, I would venture to guess that if you have an automatic transmission you get a temperature sensor display, and if you have a manual transmission you get the "Service" display.
I have a Sport 1.4T/6spd and have never seen this 'service' menu you guys speak of.

I only have tire pressure, coolant temp, oil temp, battery voltage.

I've never looked with the car turned off, I'll try that later (even though it shouldn't matter!)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yes my Latitude is an automatic. You would think that FCA could have a standard menu across all models. I think the Service Menu would be nice to have. Its crazy that there are so many combinations here and no consistency.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So we have a Trailhawk with no service menu, and one with it. We have a couple of Latitudes/North's without. I am thinking it may be related to optional groups that were selected.

I have the Service Menu in my TrailHawk, and I have the Tow Package and Premium Leather. The Premium group includes stuff from the Cold weather, and Popluar Equipment group. Perhaps it's related to the remote start, or the Tow package (Service intervals may be considered more important if you tow?) or some other such silly thing?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
My trailhawk has the gearbox temperature and the service screen. I do not believe it has anything to do with the oil condition monitor though. It is just a countdown to service. The oil monitor is a separate thing that alerts you when the oil needs changed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My trailhawk has the gearbox temperature and the service screen. I do not believe it has anything to do with the oil condition monitor though. It is just a countdown to service. The oil monitor is a separate thing that alerts you when the oil needs changed.
Right, but can I infer that you do not have that service screen/page in the Vehicle Info menu? I have the trans oil temp monitor as well, but I also have a service count down, not related to the transmission, that gives me Kms and time to conduct a service. I presently have 308 days or 11,000 kms before I need to go and change my oil and conduct other service items.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think the issue may be confused by those that have the 7 inch color display cluster. I am sure that display has a lot more features than the monochrome display. For those that have the monochrome display I wonder if anybody has the service menu. Even stranger is that the owners manual does not even mention a service menu.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Right, but can I infer that you do not have that service screen/page in the Vehicle Info menu? I have the trans oil temp monitor as well, but I also have a service count down, not related to the transmission, that gives me Kms and time to conduct a service. I presently have 308 days or 11,000 kms before I need to go and change my oil and conduct other service items.
Well you can infer it, but I said I do have it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think the issue may be confused by those that have the 7 inch color display cluster. I am sure that display has a lot more features than the monochrome display. For those that have the monochrome display I wonder if anybody has the service menu. Even stranger is that the owners manual does not even mention a service menu.
For those of you counting: My U.S. Trailhawk has the color cluster screen and does not have the service menu. Thanks for playing!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts