Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Garage who did the service is refusing to remove the light because their obd scanner can see a jeep renegade and it costs to much for them to upgrade the scanner.

Can I remove it with a cheapy obd scanner?

·
Registered
2017 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Alpine White, 2018 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Omaha Orange
86 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Disconnect the negative post on the battery and wait 10 mins. Reconnect the negative terminal and then try the reset method in the link above your post.

This is a quick method to simply reboout the Jeeps memory much the same as you would with a domestic PC.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Got the change oil light coming up on mine everytime you turn the key,its been like that since the last service( which was late due to covid). This is one that will not go away after disconnecting the battery. Anyroad the Jeep is back in for service tomorrow so must remember to tell them about it, oh yeah and check the battery,again. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Light has now gone away (y) battery is fine😵 .Evidently it,s my fault that it goes in to limp mode, i am putting one foot on the brake and one foot on the throttle( WHAT!) when driving off:ROFLMAO:. Go figure eh!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Went out this morning,and guess what...straight into limp mode aarrrhhh 🤬 Phoned the dealer and had a rant, "oh we will get you booked in,call you back". Well yet again they have not got back to me. Time to get in touch with Motability i think see if a change of dealer is possible. Love this jeep but something has got to change.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Got the jeep booked in with another dealer friday, lets hope for the best eh.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Oh Sylo, you are making me laugh. (In a good way). Can I trust you are not related to Mudpie as he always has me in stitches :p:LOL::LOL:

Truly, I hope you get the satisfaction you need (y)(y)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Got the jeep booked in with another dealer friday, lets hope for the best eh.
We're sorry to learn that you have these concerns with your Jeep Renegade! If you are in need of additional support while in service, please send our team a private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
260 Posts
Cheers for that Darlene, I am in England UK, i didnt realise you worked over this side of the pond:eek:. This dealer is gona have it for a day or two so lets see what they come up with.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Sylo let me know what happens.

2 days ago my oil warning light has come on. The message on screen reads, "Change oil needed" (something like that) and the wee orange oil can stays permanently lit.

Worst part is that I had arranged to have an oil and filter change for tomorrow. having read the forum the other day I tied the manual reset of "turn key to MAR position, press accelerator, slowly, 3 times within 10 secs and then place ignition in off position". I't didn't work just as another member also reported.

Oil was checked from cold and was just over 1/2. Local garage also checked it and said there were no worries with it.

Hopefully it's the pre-programmed message and maybe a sensor will recognise the total loss of oil as it gets changed thereby resetting it. if not then I will be opening a new topic on a personal code reader for the Jeep and seeing if that can reset the code. Not a chance I will be paying the dealership prices on this occasion.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes i had that come up on mine when it went over the service mileage during the first lockdown,but it was still coming on after the service ,so i thinks "sod that it can wait till the next one"which i did . It must be one of the codes that the dealer has to fix because the number of times i have disconnected the battery it still stayed on,but as you say maybe the oil sensor will recognise the change and the pesky light will go away/

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
41,200+ miles on the clock. I checked it today. Not bad all the same for that light coming on for the first time ever.

Did your service include an oil and filter change?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts