Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and found many posts about changing oil but not one that says anything about that kind of oil you are using. I know it is 0W20 but what aftermarket brand meets Chrysler specifications?
:|

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use nothing but full synthetic oil in my cars and change it every 4000 miles. Bit of an over kill but oil is one of the most important things you can do for your car. Most people don't know this and it's a trick question on a NYC Bus driver test. Is it oil or anti freeze that keeps your car from overheating ? Correct answer: Oil ! Oil reduces friction and friction is heat !

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Fireman, I fought long and hard finding it cheaper or easier to get, but I finally caved and just get 4 qts of Pennzoil 5w-40 Ultra Euro synthetic at Advance Auto Parts. Only one right now that meets the above specs and is easy to get your hands on. It may not show online. It should be on the retail floor. I keep the receipts, and UPC from the bottles with lots of documentation for warranty. Same with the OEM filters I get.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
... just get 4 qts of Pennzoil 5w-40 Ultra Euro synthetic at Advance Auto Parts...
Correction. Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w-40 for the 1.4t at Advance. May be cheaper online if shipped free.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Flash75. I guess I didn't realize the 1.4 only took 4 quarts. Kinda threw me for a minute.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just picked some up at Wal-Mart, Valvoline Full synthetic 5 jug on sale for 22 dollars, a single 1 quart, Mopar filter. All together just over 40 dollars in parts.

The Valvoline Full syth 0-20 meets the MS-6395 specification.

Was on "rollback" price and about 5-6 bucks cheaper then the other brands at this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Let's not confuse things for the original poster or others who may read this thread. Since the OP said he's been looking for 0W-20 oil, it sounds like he has the 2.4L naturally-aspirated engine. Those who have recommended the 5W-40 synthetic are speaking of the oil used for the 1.4L turbo engine. Different engines, different oil requirements.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts