Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At every service interval, when I take my '16 Renegade in for service, I ask them to check for any available firmware/software updates. For the last 2-3 years, they've always come back saying there aren't any updates available and I go on my way.

Recently, however, my NAV has been losing its location mid-drive and other random issues. When I took it in for service last week, they said, we can update the firmware, but since you're past 36k (I'm at 45k), we'll have to charge you $150 to do it.

I went online and googled my problem, and it ends up that this is a known issue, and you can download the latest FW (18.50) from the driveuconnect site. I've followed all of the instructions, but can't seem to get past "Files Not Supported" on my UConnect.

Looking around, it seems like my issue is because I was never upgraded beyond 15.21.37, and you can't make the jump straight to 18.50. Is there a way, beyond going to Jeep and paying for them to bring me up to date to get the older versions of the UConnect FW so I can make whatever incremental jumps between versions to make the latest install work?

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

Down load the older ones first for free from uconnect.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you've extracted the 7z files with no luck then I'd reach out to the number provided in the download link. 877-855-8400

·
Registered
557 Posts
Me ? I'd take it back to the dealer and demand they upgrade it free of charge. Especially since you asked for any updates each time you went in for service.

I once owned a PT Cruiser. The tranny went out with less than 2k miles to go before it was out of warranty. I took it to the same dealer that I bought it from for an oil change every 3,000 miles (dino oil). The very same dealer was denying the warranty repair because "they showed no record of any maintenance ever being performed" on the tranny. I countered with, "I've been taking it here every 3,000 miles, why was I never told I had to do maintenance on the tranny to protect my warranty ? You try to upsell me on everything else ! Show me where in my service records where I declined maintenance on the tranny !". The service tech dude actually agreed with me and said he would "push it to Chrysler corporate".

Three days later Chrysler agreed. I had to pay a 100 buck deductible instead of a $1,800 repair. Two weeks before Christmas !!

So yeah, since then I'm an ass at the service desk with all my vehicles, but a polite ass. I politely ask, "Any TSB's or recalls ?" to which they quickly answer, "No.". I understand, they're busy. Then I ask again, politely, "Can you please check again right in front of me for my piece of mind ? I've been burned in the past.". And they do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, UConnect support is saying that if the install doesn't work straight from the site that I need to go to the dealer. Was trying to avoid the dealer markup, since they say they'll charge me since I'm past the 36k warranty.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
At every service interval, when I take my '16 Renegade in for service, I ask them to check for any available firmware/software updates. For the last 2-3 years, they've always come back saying there aren't any updates available and I go on my way.

Recently, however, my NAV has been losing its location mid-drive and other random issues. When I took it in for service last week, they said, we can update the firmware, but since you're past 36k (I'm at 45k), we'll have to charge you $150 to do it.

I went online and googled my problem, and it ends up that this is a known issue, and you can download the latest FW (18.50) from the driveuconnect site. I've followed all of the instructions, but can't seem to get past "Files Not Supported" on my UConnect.

Looking around, it seems like my issue is because I was never upgraded beyond 15.21.37, and you can't make the jump straight to 18.50. Is there a way, beyond going to Jeep and paying for them to bring me up to date to get the older versions of the UConnect FW so I can make whatever incremental jumps between versions to make the latest install work?
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
16 Posts

updates aren’t free through uconnect. It comes with a package of awesome tools plus updating. It’s a $14. Monthly fee. They require you to provide paperwork to sign up for you car. Call connect care they will walk you through it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts