Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, back in the Ole days, slightly after the invention of the automobile, the old myth was that you never waxed a new vehicle for the first 3-6 months...
I have not heard anyone say that recently, so I assume no longer true.
Okay, some real questions then...
1. Wax or paint sealants?
2. I see you can spend anywhere from 30 dollars to 500 on wax buffers, would there be a draw back to saving coin and buying on in the 100 dollar range?
3. Do Jeep users have a product of preference, other than cheap audio wax products from Walmart?

· Registered
60 Posts
Modern paint is completely cured by the time you get it so Wax on- Wax off to your heart's content. I have done auto detailing on show cars in the past, and my recommendation is for the amateur it's too easy to burn through a paint job with a power buffer. I've seen it too many times. Hand waxing is more effort, but in the long run there is less chance of hurting anything. I've always liked McGuire's, especially their pro line. A high carnauba content will be the most long lasting.

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
When I ordered mine I had the paintwork and interior treated with GARDX. It is a teflon coating. Any liquid spills won't soak into the seats or carpets. As for the paintwork, tree sap etc won't leave any marks if not washed off. To wash the Jeep only warm water is needed. No car shampoo or additives are needed for washing.

In the past I have used Autoglym products for washing and detailing my previous cars.

· Registered
60 Posts
I've always liked McGuire's, especially their pro line. A high carnauba content will be the most long lasting.
I have just bought some Meguiar's products, and suspect this is the brand you rate? (I cut and paste the brand name as I would never have got the spelling right!)
Yes that's the brand. MY spelling sucks, and I didn't bother to look up the name. Had to be s Scot to catch me on MY version of the name...:)

In the US the pro line is in tan bottles, consumer stuff is in maroon last time I checked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.