Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe i should take a picture of the screen i am talking about to make sure i am on the right page

ZI have been reading that some have to be reset with a tool from the dealership
some have turned off headlights daytime running lights parking brake not set

dang

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'm not familiar with the 2015 system... But where exactly are you seeing the "0 miles and 0 days to service" message?

Looking at the video that Ops posted above, that's where the "Oil Change Required" message shows up on current Renegades (to include my 2021) -- on the mini-display between the tach and the speedometer. I don't think you've got that mini-display.

Did you try resetting the reminder like the video shows, and my 2021 Owner's Manual says? I can't guarantee that will work.

And again, do you have a 2015 Owner's Manual...? That's something that's extremely useful to have, as cars get more and more sophisticated.

I found and was able to download a 2015 Owner's Manual for free here:

2015 Jeep Renegade Owner's Manual (gimmemanuals.com)

On p. 516, it says:

Your authorized dealer will reset the oil change indicator message after completing the scheduled oil change. If a scheduled oil change is performed by someone other than your authorized dealer, the message can be reset by referring to the steps described under “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)/Driver Information Display (DID)” in “Getting To Know Your Instrument Panel” for further information.

I glanced through the EVIC/DID section, but didn't see info on how to reset the reminder offhand...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Guess I need to see if I can find a [...] reset tool then.
Well, like I said, the 2015 User's Manual indicates the reset can be done without a special tool. User's Manuals aren't correct 100% of the time, but in this case I suspect it's right. Maybe someone else with a 2015 can confirm that...?

As far as I know, there are ways (that are more or less "secret") to reset the oil change reminder on all recent vehicles. Especially if they describe how to change the oil yourself...

Did you try the procedure for the later Renegades?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
So I understand you tried the current "push-accelerator-pedal-three-times-with-ignition-on" method, and it didn't work on your 2015? Yeah, I think I heard of others saying it didn't work for them either -- not sure what years they had...

Again, where's the "0 miles and 0 days to service" message showing up? Is it annoying? If not, then, yes, you could do it the Old School way, by just keeping track of your mileage and time.

But I'm still convinced there's a non-dealer way to reset your reminder, like the 2015 owner's Manual indicates...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not familiar with the 2015 system... But where exactly are you seeing the "0 miles and 0 days to service" message?

Looking at the video that Ops posted above, that's where the "Oil Change Required" message shows up on current Renegades (to include my 2021) -- on the mini-display between the tach and the speedometer. I don't think you've got that mini-display.

Did you try resetting the reminder like the video shows, and my 2021 Owner's Manual says? I can't guarantee that will work.

And again, do you have a 2015 Owner's Manual...? That's something that's extremely useful to have, as cars get more and more sophisticated.

I found and was able to download a 2015 Owner's Manual for free here:

2015 Jeep Renegade Owner's Manual (gimmemanuals.com)

On p. 516, it says:

Your authorized dealer will reset the oil change indicator message after completing the scheduled oil change. If a scheduled oil change is performed by someone other than your authorized dealer, the message can be reset by referring to the steps described under “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)/Driver Information Display (DID)” in “Getting To Know Your Instrument Panel” for further information.

I glanced through the EVIC/DID section, but didn't see info on how to reset the reminder offhand...
I looked through the link you sent for the manual and there doesn't appear to be anything on a reset option guess its old school or go to the dealer and have them reset it and have them charge me.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I looked through the link you sent for the manual and there doesn't appear to be anything on a reset option
But you saw the reference on p. 516 of the 2015 Owner's Manual I sent you?

Like I said, I looked in that section, and didn't see the info.

But don't give up yet. Maybe send a PM ("Account Details/Conversations") here through this Forum to username JeepCares? They're official Mopar representatives, and are often active here.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts