Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
HEY ALL,

My 2015 renegade shows 0,miles and 0 days to service and i don't see a way to reset this. Has anyone else had this issue?
I think there is some confusion here as to what indicator it is that the OP is trying to reset.

I believe that the OP is talking about the Perform Service Day & Mileage Countdown indicator and not the Oil Change Required indicator.

Not all Renegades are equipped with the Perform Service Countdown indicator which counts down the days (365) and mileage (10,000) to the next required service date.

The Perform Service Countdown indicator can only be reset by the dealer with a diagnostic tool, or a mechanic that has one, via the OBDII port.

Also see in this forum.
Perform Service Message (has to be reset with diagnostic...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think there is some confusion here as to what indicator it is that the OP is trying to reset.

I believe that the OP is talking about the Perform Service Day & Mileage Countdown indicator and not the Oil Change Required indicator.

Not all Renegades are equipped with the Perform Service Countdown indicator which counts down the days (365) and mileage (10,000) to the next required service date.

The Perform Service Countdown indicator can only be reset by the dealer with a diagnostic tool, or a mechanic that has one, via the OBDII port.

Also see in this forum.
Perform Service Message (has to be reset with diagnostic...
So it sounds like this is a setting that i should not be worried about then as it was only for intial purchaser??

·
Registered
145 Posts
So it sounds like this is a setting that i should not be worried about then as it was only for intial purchaser??
It is my understanding that only the better equipped renegades, toughs with all the bells and whistles, have the Perform Service Countdown indicator.

My 2015 Trailhawk does not have this count down feature, or at least I’ve never seen it if it does, and I’m the original owner.

Personally if it was me and it only showed up at start up, not throwing codes or have a constantly lit light, I would ignore it.

If the reminder indicator bothers you then by all means see your dealer or find someone that knows how to reset it or even better remove it altogether.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
So why would a vehicle allow you to change your own oil, and reset the oil-change reminder; and not reset the perform Service Countdown?

Like i said, these days there's usually a DIY method on all/most vehicles allowing reminders like this to be reset. A "service" usually means an oil change (except for time-based brake fluid).

People certainly do their own changes, and more-extensive services. And other people certainly take their vehicles to indy shops to do stuff -- I do after warranties expire.

Wouldn't the requirement that a proprietary scan tool be sued to reset service indicators be covered by the same law(s) that allow for aftermarket body parts...?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts