Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya'll from the great state of Texas!

I have been lurking if you will regarding this beautiful Jeep and I haven't given the dealer my money yet. I have seen them in person but haven't wanted to do the song and dance at the dealership yet without some real world knowledge.

I currently am in need of an upgrade space wise to a small, compact SUV. The Renegade looks like nothing I've seen in comparison as I do not like the Soul, Juke, or any other weird named small SUV.

I am hoping you can help.
Any parents here?
Will 2 car seats fit in the back seat for 2 little ones?
How about storage in the trunk space for a stroller?
I am 6'3, will I fit to drive this thing with the car seat in the back?
Any recommendations on trim? I don't think the Trailhawk is necessary for my needs but man it looks great

Any help at all and I am sure I will have more questions once the discussion starts. Thanks for having me and maybe i will be in the cool owners club soon. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Headroom is one of the accolades of the Renegade so 6"3 should be OK. Yes, you can fit 2 car seats in the back seats. I fit my Grandson's in the middle, but 2 will be fine.

The rear cargo area is indeed small so depending on what type stroller you are referring to it may be iffy with the rear seats up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome aboard!

Headroom is one of the accolades of the Renegade so 6"3 should be OK. Yes, you can fit 2 car seats in the back seats. I fit my Grandson's in the middle, but 2 will be fine.

The rear cargo area is indeed small so depending on what type stroller you are referring to it may be iffy with the rear seats up.
Thank you for this. Yea I get concerned as the little ones (one is 3, the other on the way :)) grow up and the legroom in the back with me as the driver being 6'3. My wife it won't be an issue but looking for more backseat room for the kiddos.

I get concerned about the stroller as it may be a dual stroller here soon so that unfortunately may be a deal breaker. I don't want to go to a dealer until ready to buy if I can avoid it but that will definitely be a good test.

Also trying to decide between the limited and latitude trims. Anyone have the 9 speaker system with sub, any good?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully an owner with a stroller will post, failing that you might look for any upcoming auto shows to get a look.
Agreed. I can definitely head in there and do the test but was perusing this forum like I do a lot and pulled the trigger to sign up and get some honest feedback from possible owners here.

It looks like the perfect around town, compact SUV, with great gas mileage that will pair well with our Dodge Ram.

Not to mention I really enjoy the look of it versus some that have commented elsewhere on the ugliness of it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thank you for this. Yea I get concerned as the little ones (one is 3, the other on the way :)) grow up and the legroom in the back with me as the driver being 6'3. My wife it won't be an issue but looking for more backseat room for the kiddos.

I get concerned about the stroller as it may be a dual stroller here soon so that unfortunately may be a deal breaker. I don't want to go to a dealer until ready to buy if I can avoid it but that will definitely be a good test.

Also trying to decide between the limited and latitude trims. Anyone have the 9 speaker system with sub, any good?
I took my 3 lanky nephews (9, 11, 13) on a road trip and they fit in the back fine! I'm 6'4" and there was room for all 5 of us (including my sister) and our luggage, gadgets and such. Depending on the height of the stroller when it's folded, I think you might get it to fit. I was able to fit wider items by resting them above the little "shelves that top the wheel wells/speaker grills in the back.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took my 3 lanky nephews (9, 11, 13) on a road trip and they fit in the back fine! I'm 6'4" and there was room for all 5 of us (including my sister) and our luggage, gadgets and such. Depending on the height of the stroller when it's folded, I think you might get it to fit. I was able to fit wider items by resting them above the little "shelves that top the wheel wells/speaker grills in the back.
You may have turned my anxiety upside down regarding this info! Especially you being 6'4 and fitting 5 people in there. That is exactly what I needed to hear.

·
Registered
199 Posts

It's tight with the seat back. My 3 year old Grandson constantly kicks me in the back!

·
Registered
212 Posts
You may have turned my anxiety upside down regarding this info! Especially you being 6'4 and fitting 5 people in there. That is exactly what I needed to hear.
It wasn't really a concern for me initially coming from a 3 door hot hatch but it was a welcome surprise when I was able to offer my Renegade as the vehicle to go on the road trip vs my sister's 3 row Acadia...

My nephews aren't tiny either... their dad is 6'4 as well and the two oldest are already about 5'9 and 5'10. None of them complained about space (surprisingly because they are a pretty vocal bunch haha)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It wasn't really a concern for me initially coming from a 3 door hot hatch but it was a welcome surprise when I was able to offer my Renegade as the vehicle to go on the road trip vs my sister's 3 row Acadia...

My nephews aren't tiny either... their dad is 6'4 as well and the two oldest are already about 5'9 and 5'10. None of them complained about space (surprisingly because they are a pretty vocal bunch haha)
Great feedback for sure with my growing family even in the infancy stage. It just looks like a very fun SUV that is outside the norm of every other thing on the road. Your information is very helpful.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Great feedback for sure with my growing family even in the infancy stage. It just looks like a very fun SUV that is outside the norm of every other thing on the road. Your information is very helpful.
I had a friend's toddler sister sit behind me in a booster seat and like toddlers do she had a tendency to kick the seat but that's almost every car in general haha.

Best thing to do as others have mentioned is to take everything you plan on having in your vehicle to the test drive to see if it suits your needs. I never planned having kiddos in mine but its good to know that I at least have that option down the road. :D Good practice for me haha

Glad I could help

:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have 3 kids as well (9, 11, and 14). We have a minivan as well and the kids kids always beg to take the Jeep when we go anywhere together. The Renegade is wider and it gives them plenty of room to not feel squished. And the leg room is fine (I am about 6') so my oldest sits behind my wife (when my daughter doesn't talk mom into riding in the back so she can play with the satellite radio :)

So far, we all love the Renegade!

·
Registered
65 Posts

I have a limited but no 9 speaker system so far sound not bad i have to say the leather sit is very comfortable i'm a 6' big guy the limited and latitude front grille are different color 18" Aluminum Wheels and more .

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
My car has the 9 speaker amplified system and I think it sounds decent for a stock system. I have not heard the base system so I don't know "how much better" the 9 speaker system is over the base system.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the 9 speaker system and I'm not sure I love it. I feel like it's tuned for hip hop and EDM, which is not my thing. No warmth and lacking in the juicy mid section. EQ apps help on the iPhone but I'll definitely be doing a speaker swap eventually

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the 9 speaker system and I'm not sure I love it. I feel like it's tuned for hip hop and EDM, which is not my thing. No warmth and lacking in the juicy mid section. EQ apps help on the iPhone but I'll definitely be doing a speaker swap eventually
Hello, thats funny as we have the 9 speaker 6.5 NAV sirrus etc. and all I do is listen to Talk Radio. Maybe Im a right winger, gun clinger not sure. LOL

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.