Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw under the hood, front left corner, there is a rubber thing I think is a stop for the hood. I noticed there is none on the right side. I figured a mechanic took it off and forgot to put it back on. Then I got to looking closer. On the left side that has one, it has a post the goes thru a hole. On the right, where it is missing, the is a rubber plug in the post hole. So now I wonder if it is intentional. Why would they only put the stop on one side?
This is on a 2017 Latitude. Anyone else's look like this?
See pictures.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yup, only 1 is normal. Here is an old thread about the same issue.

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
Yep only one!
Search is your friend!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
MrSig and DGR beat me to it again.

I didn't believe the Jeep was supplied with only 1 stopper till I checked mine.

The guys are 100% correct. (y)(y)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Once again the bean counters triumph over the engineers and designers! 🐭

Reactions: Murf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ,there should be be 2 hood stops/ why some have 1 is a mystery, my limited 2000 td has 2, by the way your cable guide for bonnet release is broken.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Pictures are proof Bartman. We love to have the evidence so we can all claim a fault.

Please show me your 2 bonnet stoppers. In a single picture if possible :D.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Noticed that on mine when I bought it. Parts guy researched it and said that’s how they come. Said there was a bulletin to remove the second one on older Renegades for some reason.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep only one!
Search is your friend!
1. I never imagined anyone would have noticed this.
2. More importantly I never would have came up with the correct search to get a hit on the other post. That description was nothing like how I would describe it. It is such a vague thing to describe. That's why I included pictures.
Normally I do search of it is fairly clear to describe the issue. Like "spark plug", but I have no idea of the term to use and either did the other guy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I saw under the hood, front left corner, there is a rubber thing I think is a stop for the hood. I noticed there is none on the right side. I figured a mechanic took it off and forgot to put it back on. Then I got to looking closer. On the left side that has one, it has a post the goes thru a hole. On the right, where it is missing, the is a rubber plug in the post hole. So now I wonder if it is intentional. Why would they only put the stop on one side?
This is on a 2017 Latitude. Anyone else's look like this?
See pictures.
Thanks View attachment 2396349657 View attachment 2396349658
My 2017 Latitude 4x4 had one on each side. I had an accident last July on the driver's side front. I saw your post awhile back and it got me thinking, so I looked back at my accident photos to be sure. I did have one on each side, but now I only have one on the passenger side. The replacement fender the body shop used does not have a hole in it to replace the stop.
0709201726.jpg

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Your passenger side is our drivers side.

You must be the first person to have 2 stoppers. Can I copy your Lottery Numbers for this week? :p:p

·
Registered
645 Posts
Your passenger side is our drivers side.

You must be the first person to have 2 stoppers. Can I copy your Lottery Numbers for this week? :p:p
I did a google image search for "Jeep Renegade Engine" and there are a few images out there that show two rubber stops. Many images show only one installed, but apparently, there were some made with both stops.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I want your lottery numbers as well if you can post a pic of 2 factory fitted stoppers from new on a Jeep Renegade :p:p

A while back I searched high and low as I too thought I had 2 stoppers. Until I looked and realised the fittings were only for a single stopper.

It struck me as unusual and odd as to why only 1 is/was supplied. I even seen one of your older posts on this topic ;)

Open bonnets/hoods with stoppers showing

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hmmmm :unsure:

Show me a link to that page and I will take it all back :eek::oops:;)

Look at the shadows in the picture with the depth of field and contrast of colour.

You didn't photoshop that picture you old devil? :p

Is that a reverse bonnet connection I see on the left?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts