Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the thread "forgo the A/C"... This is the "this idiot was 300 miles from the dealer when he noticed he forgot the A/C." thread.

Yes, you read that right. I forgot the A/C. I just assumed it had one.

Here is the question: How do I ADD A/C to my Jeep Renegade Sport?

Please no "take it back to the dealer and get a new one" or "get used to it" comments.

However, you are welcome to take pleasure in my future pain and suffering as the New Mexico sun turns my Jeep into Dante's EZ Bake

· Registered
75 Posts
Can you get mysky on a sport? It would probably cost a fortune to add AC. Crazy AC is an option even power windows now a days should be standard. By the time I got those options with a wrangler it was 6 grand over my almost loaded TH and you get bad gas mileage. My friend has a wrangler and she said she got 10 miles to the gallon this winter!

You can drive 260, 2 windows down 60mph

· Registered
106 Posts
I dealt with no AC in Houston for 2 years because I wanted to keep a classic car as original as possible. Installing AC is not easy if you're doing it yourself and very expensive if you get someone else to do it. My honest opinion from experience would be to get a thermador window unit aka swamp cooler.

Attachments

· Registered
302 Posts
Who would even sell a vehicle in New Mexico that didn't have AC???? Shoot! Here in the great white north we even need AC in the summer. I guess you know now why it was such a great price......

Normally a car AC requires a compressor. That, along with everything else you'd need adds up to big bucks if it could be done at all. The available 12 volt portable units all depend upon ice for cooling which only works for so long. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/GoCool-Portable-Conditioner-Camping-Camper/dp/B00DMR4HBG/ref=br_lf_m_zczv539xcquh7ck_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=hi[/ame]

If you only have 300 miles on it maybe your dealer would work a deal with you for a different vehicle.....I suspect not but you never know. It would cost you a bit because they couldn't sell your vehicle as brand new.

Good luck!

· Registered
48 Posts
I haven't seen a vehicle without A/C in years, I didn't even know this was possible. I did make a similar type of error recently myself. I bought a new Honda CTX700 DCT motorcycle and realized later that it didn't have grip heaters. Every bike I have owned in the past came with them and I didn't even think about it. At least I'm fortunate enough that my goof up is a pretty easy aftermarket fix.

· Registered
39 Posts
This replies to this thread are making me laugh. But, I truly feel so bad for you! That is .....well I would be sick. I just wonder if the dealer was praying you wouldn't think to ask the entire time. I think it should have been mentioned to you as a dealer would assume that you assumed it was standard. I'm sorry....:(

· Registered
98 Posts
I'm curious as well. I would see if you cam trade, not having climate control is kinda ridiculous nowadays.

· Registered
370 Posts
I suggest that you immediately go back to the dealer and try to demand that they make this deal right for you, try to trade it in for one with a/c and try not to let them depreciate it at all, maybe by $500.00 for the 2 to 3 weeks that you have had it. From looking at your first post about this I see that it was about 2 weeks ago. Since so much time has passed you may be stuck with this car. You may want to call Jeep customer service and try to tell them that the dealer failed to mention this lack of a/c to you. Suggest you ask if there's any way that they can add it to this car after the fact. Toyota used to import cars without a/c and they would then add it to the cars at the Jacksonville,Fla import port. I believe they would do this in order to pay lower import duties. Would not hurt to ask if this can possibly be done now for a somewhat reasonable price. If not then you may be stuck with this car. And the worst part of that is how little you will get for it when you try to trade it for another car or if you try to sell it yourself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.