Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a fun day, went to have an H6 yellowtop installed in my 2017 renegade trailhawk today, first one defective, second one defective. guess what no yellowtop in my jeep. $441.00 price installed, top of the line is not top of the line

·
Registered
211 Posts
what a fun day, went to have an H6 yellowtop installed in my 2017 renegade trailhawk today, first one defective, second one defective. guess what no yellowtop in my jeep. $441.00 price installed, top of the line is not top of the line
It's a $290 battery... are they charging you $150 labor?!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do not know, did not see original invoice. no install charge for battery that i had installed. yea i thought it was high, do not know what they charged for the battery

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
My last Yellow top is going on 6 years old with no problem.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I must be a unicorn because my 2015 is still going on the factory battery. 😂 When it's time I'll be getting an Optima as well. Not going to mess around with the cheap stuff.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My last Yellow top is going on 6 years old with no problem.
that is what i was looking for, not TWO defective batteries in a row

·
Registered
15 Posts
The modern version of the optima is not what it used to be. First one i had in my Wrangler lasted 6 years and usually a battery around here gets cooked after 3-4. The second and third optimas lasted all of 2 years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same issue in my Wrangler, first one was bad. My friend who is a mechanic says a lot of these batteries are faulty even when brand new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts