Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Greetings from Aberdare. Welcome to the world of the Jeep Renegade

:ReneBlueWave:

Most of us that already have a Renegade have been in your position. Some were lucky and found theirs at a dealer in stock. Time will soon pass although it may not feel like it! In the mean time, peruse the threads on here in the world of the Jeep Renegade.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi

Ordered today our 1.4 limited in orange, only downside is its still to be built and wont be ready until late september early October.
Cant wait
Here's mine just to give you something similar to refer to while you are waiting. I've had mine over a year now, 10k on the clock, lovely to drive.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hi

Ordered today our 1.4 limited in orange, only downside is its still to be built and wont be ready until late september early October.
Cant wait
You must not live in the USA, Jeep won't let us Americans have the limited with the 1.4L - we are forced to have the 2.4L if we should want the limited. :(

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi

Cant wait
I must say the waiting is the worse part of ordering, welcome to the waiting to be delivered club:| and the spotting of all Renegades you see on the road or parked up and working out what model it is.

I do quite like the orange - the picture on this thread above looks rather nice, a good choice.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
When I was waiting for mine, I hardly saw one and it was the same when I first had it. Seen a few more nowadays.

The time will soon pass and you'll have your Renegades.

Yellow is better >:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Apple car play ?

I'll take some more later on. Still wondering about doing a few bits and pieces. One being seat covers, running boards and Apple CarPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apple CarPlay ? Would love to know how your going to do this as I think the best we can do with the uConnect kit is Siri Eyes Free - its not bad but its not great.

Happy Jeeping in your new toy - love mine :D :nerd:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Apple CarPlay ? Would love to know how your going to do this as I think the best we can do with the uConnect kit is Siri Eyes Free - its not bad but its not great.

Happy Jeeping in your new toy - love mine :D :nerd:

Think the idea will be to install a Double Din. It will largely depend on the cost of a new stereo and if the steering controls still work

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks. I've not been able to get the EyesFree working in mine yet. It could be due to the fact that I've only got the 5" version in my longitude. Am I missing a step?

Chris I had to do the following in order to get it to work

Update the uConnect software to run the latest ver ( you can find that on the uConnect website by keying in the VIN number of your Renegade )
Then pair the phone up.
Make sure Siri can work when the phone is locked and powered up ( via usb) - by default it seems Siri will only work when unlocked

It works quite well - especially if your using Apple Music - you can get it to launch a play list or album etc - take notes - send text (SMS) reads them out a bit better than the uConnect system

Hope that helps

·
Registered
35 Posts
Chris I had to do the following in order to get it to work

Update the uConnect software to run the latest ver ( you can find that on the uConnect website by keying in the VIN number of your Renegade )

Then pair the phone up.

Make sure Siri can work when the phone is locked and powered up ( via usb) - by default it seems Siri will only work when unlocked

It works quite well - especially if your using Apple Music - you can get it to launch a play list or album etc - take notes - send text (SMS) reads them out a bit better than the uConnect system

Hope that helps

Thanks for this will take a look.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.