Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I thought I would let the forum know How Upset I am with My Ordering experience. My order was finally officially accepted on April 14th.
I ordered a White Renegade trailhawk. Power roof, hitch, all options..$32K worth. was told confirmed delivery the 29thof June.. it got to Baltimore docks on the 14 of June. my Dealer got info it was on the truck on the 29th.. now to be delivered the 10th of July . 10 came and went . now told by dealer it got put on Train instead of truck.. then waiting for train to bring back ,, called Jeep cares last week.. they told me it was in virginia Yard.. told me call back today to get more info.. called them today.. they said they dont have a dealer assigned to it, and dont know when or were it is shipping too... Just a very frustrating thing.. have had my trade ready for a month.. waiting.... So at this point I am giving up and will get something else I think...
Thanks for Reading
Dave F

·
Registered
499 Posts
Man that sucks I understand your position but you're so close. Is there anything Jeep can do to compensate for your trouble or is there more to your decision of moving on to another vehicle/brand?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the Reply, Jack from here is trying to find more out for me , But the Shipping side seems to be were the mystery is.
They now have had it built in less time than its been in the USA.. so it is NOT an Italian Issue.. Its JEEP USA Shipping issue..
Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
471 Posts
I completely understand & feel your frustration. I ordered 5/5..... I know not as long as you, so I don't really have any room to complain... but.... Went to JB 5/28 & long story short, now have two JB statuses. One 5/29 & one 7/8. Other source states it was shipped from Salerno 5/27. I didn't expect to have it by now, but it makes me wonder what's up! I found one coming to a dealership that is not exactely what I ordered, but close. (basically has PowerMySky, but no tow) So I decided to opt for that one & will add tow on later. I'm now told this vehicle came in through Baltimore & went to Ohio to "have things checked" & is being delivered here in AZ from there. Dealership told me it is supposed to be in today, but not holding my breath! I'll be happy if I see it in the next couple of weeks. They may be better off at this point not giving any of us details & just saying "when it arrives, it arrives."

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep frustration here too... shipped 6/22 has been sitting at the Baltimore port which is not far but won't be here now until 8/6. I've had dates from mid end of July to this now when asked why they said when they get a big enough shipment to head up here it'll go. So screw the ones who are waiting we need more to send them out of the ports.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply HDreserve, The Ohio part is Interesting.. Dont have a clue what is there. But I hope you get that one soon. I just hope this Brings attention to the Shipping problems , and the need to give customers SOME real info.
I know My Dealer didnt know about the Virginia Storage facility. He couldnt figure out why they didnt get my Trailhawk at the Dealer when I first asked weeks ago. I am in Western PA. ( 4 hours from the Baltimore docks).
Its just sad... and now depressing.. The real frustrating thing is , If we dont take our vehicle when or if it gets delivered, Jeep knows it will sell to someone else the next day... So they just dont care..(my opinion anyway).
Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope it doesnt happen to you either. But that Reason they give about waiting to have enough to ship to you...
I mean Really.. my dealer has mine plus 4 other they ordered to have availiable.. and a truck only holds 10 vehicles!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh and the dealership that was 10 min from mine got one in 2weeks ago. Almost went for it except it was the color I wasn't crazy about! And all the dealers around here have in transits. I'm starting to call bs on this real soon!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a feeling it will take a couple of years for them to get the flow figured out. It's such a logistical nightmare at this point. Too bad they weren't better able to foresee all this happening...... Don't companies usually pay someone to do that? :eek:

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Don't companies usually pay someone to do that? :eek:
You would think that they would. Even if Fiat never sold a vehicle in the US, I am sure they had to have experience introducing new models. Maybe I don't see the big picture.

TS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello Everyone, Just an Update .. My Jeep Renegade is still not here ..and no eta.. I am probably going to cancel the order and wait till 2016.. or look at other options all together.. SAD, SAD experience.. hope no one else has this problem.
and hopefully Jeep can get there delivery system in the USA fixed...
Thanks , Dave F.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is a picture of the LONG awaited Trailhawk!
Well it wont upload? I tried to drag and drop on the upload area, it has a red "NO" circle when I try to drop it there...anyone know what might be problem?
Thanks Dave F

·
Registered
40 Posts
Frustrating...
Here in Italy we had several "lost Renegades" on the trail from the factory to the dealer... In a particular case, they "lost" the entire car transporter! "Lost" meaning that now one knew where they were, but they were somewhere as they finally popped up and were delivered.

Renegade black holes... :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Frustrating...
Here in Italy we had several "lost Renegades" on the trail from the factory to the dealer... In a particular case, they "lost" the entire car transporter! "Lost" meaning that now one knew where they were, but they were somewhere as they finally popped up and were delivered.

Renegade black holes... :D
Thats scary! I can hear the convo now.
Buyer: Where's my Renagade?
Jeep: Um.. we have no idea.
Buyer: ........

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.