Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the dealership yesterday for a oil change,wife & I were in the lounge having coffee when a service rep came in and said our car was hit in the shop.A employee was backing out of a service bay and hit our car.The dent is about 6" to 8" long left rear fender.The car is now in the bodyshop,we have a loaner car a 2019 Dodge Journey,they'll have the car a couple days.

·
Registered
205 Posts
At least you don't have to include your insurance company in the matter. I have 2 no-fault accidents, 1 being rear-ended in a construction zone, the other a massive branch fell on my 1st Renegade totaling it. My insurance used both claims to put me in a higher risk tier and my monthly rate has gone up $40/month. Michigan is wonderful....

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I had something like that happen to me once. a vehicle rolled out of the bay with nobody in it, ran in the side of our truck.

...gave us an excuse to trade it in. lol

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
Better there than a hit & run in a parking lot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know how that feels. Had a GT Mustang, 35th Anniversary Edition, in for service and as they were lowing it down on the hoist the open door of a car next to mine gouged a chunk out of my quarter panel. Needless to say I was not impressed. Oh, we'll take care of it was the response I got. You had better was my retort.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
At least you don't have to include your insurance company in the matter. I have 2 no-fault accidents, 1 being rear-ended in a construction zone, the other a massive branch fell on my 1st Renegade totaling it. My insurance used both claims to put me in a higher risk tier and my monthly rate has gone up $40/month. Michigan is wonderful....
You are one of the lucky people as here in the UK you are required to inform your insurance company of any accident regardless of fault. Failure to do so can invalidate your policy.

personally, I would opt for the same course of action as you have taken.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is true, Hewwit, but there is something to be said about not having your vehicle damaged in the first place.. For me, the vehicle just doesn't feel the same after it's been dinged by someone other than myself. Not 3 months after I got my Renny, my next door neighbor put a nice door ding into my driver side rear quarter fender. With the color of the car, it's not that noticeable, but I know it's there. It's not worth it for me to have it fixed, because my insurance premium will go up for a nuisance comprehensive claim. The paint, at the impact point, is not cracked so it shouldn't rust, but that ding is still there. Don't get me wrong, I love my Renegade for all of it's capabilities, but any body damage seems to diminish it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
What we should just be thankful about is it is covered by the insurance and hoping no one is hurt.
I'm with Red Renny on this one.

Carelessness should never be rewarded with thankfulness.

I hope the employee that caused the accident get his/her ass well and truly kicked. Fired if it happens regularly is my course of action had I been their Manager.

In the Fire and Rescue Service it is against company policy to reverse any vehicle without a "banks person" to guide them. I wonder if the garage has such a policy. :unsure:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just came back home from picking up my Jeep from the dealership,they washed the car and detailed the the inside.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I feel for you. I used to own an Audi that everything in the universe smashed into. From door dings in parking lots to side mirrors getting ripped of while parked on the road to getting rear ended on the freeway. I hope it’s not a trend for you, but I swear that Audi had a crash magnet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is true, Hewwit, but there is something to be said about not having your vehicle damaged in the first place.. For me, the vehicle just doesn't feel the same after it's been dinged by someone other than myself. Not 3 months after I got my Renny, my next door neighbor put a nice door ding into my driver side rear quarter fender. With the color of the car, it's not that noticeable, but I know it's there. It's not worth it for me to have it fixed, because my insurance premium will go up for a nuisance comprehensive claim. The paint, at the impact point, is not cracked so it shouldn't rust, but that ding is still there. Don't get me wrong, I love my Renegade for all of it's capabilities, but any body damage seems to diminish it.
You might want to look into a "Dr Dent" type facility in your area.
When I bought my '18 TH last month there were 5 dinks/dents on the passenger side. They are now gone. Anyone in SE Michigan interested in this type of service PM me and I'll give you the info.
Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with the company and I'm not getting any referral-type fee from them. Tom

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I feel for you. I used to own an Audi that everything in the universe smashed into. From door dings in parking lots to side mirrors getting ripped of while parked on the road to getting rear ended on the freeway. I hope it’s not a trend for you, but I swear that Audi had a crash magnet.
Are you sure you are not my Son? :eek: The same thing was happening to him in the Audi. :cry:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just came back home from picking up my Jeep from the dealership,they washed the car and detailed the the inside.
And they left me a roll of shop towels in the back of the car, I found this mourning getting a bag out for the store.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts