Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't want to sound like an idiot; I read through the entire Renegade manual. Does anyone know how to simply let fresh air in through the vents. In any vehicle I owned prior, all you had to do was drive without the vent in recirculate mode and outside air came in. It appears the only way to let out side air in the Renegade is to turn the A/C on, turn the compressor off and run the fan non recirculate. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help

· Registered
1,633 Posts
You don't need the AC on to get fresh air. If the recirculate button is not lit, then you get fresh outside air. For maximum AC cooling & efficiency, press the recirculate button so the light is lit.

The recirculate button has a pictograph of a car with an arrow circling around.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your logic is correct, expect when you are going down the road and the recirculate button is not lit, you cannot feel air coming through the vent. An easy test is to turn off the AC. In other vehicles when you turn off the A/C and the vehicle is not on recirculate, cool air comes through for a minute or two. This does not occur on the Renegade or my Cherokee for that matter

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Try turning on the fan speed a few notches. I always travel with the fresh air coming through if I'm not using the air conditioner (unless I'm behind a diesel vehicle).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.