Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It turns out that some idiot (who looks suspiciously like me) wasn't paying close enough attention and wacked the passenger side mirror on a fence post while backing into his driveway. This was WAY beyond the fore and aft flexibility built in these mirrors. Tried pulling the mirror back into position with no luck, figured I was screwed. Went online to price a new mirror (had no luck at salvage yards) and best price I found was $138 for the heated with turn signal mirror. Then I went online to see how to replace it, which isn't too bad but the door panel has to be removed, which can be tricky. So figured I'd order the mirror and then have a local body shop install it.
But before ordering, thought I'd go to the local body shop to see if there was any chance of salvaging the existing mirror. The owner (who is a pretty muscular guy) came out and after about 3 tries forced the mirror back into place. He didn't want any money for doing this but after insisting, he took 20 bucks. Guess where I'm going for any future bodywork needs?
Anyhoo, the point is that these mirrors can take a pretty good slam and then come back for more.
Fubar Mirror 2.jpg

·
Registered
557 Posts
Mine was whacked by some fata$$ squeezing between their vehicle and mine. I figured you can't break broke, so I gave it a twist. It came back. Mine wasn't as twisted as yours, but it wasn't right. Oh, got a nice scratch/rub mark on my door as a "and take this too !" gift.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts