Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would suggest having your dealership check this out, worldtriad. Performing DIY repairs has the potential of affecting your warranty.
Not sure how you thought I was going to do this myself, all I asked for what was involved in fixing it! The light has come on 4 times now, and today it's going in to have the thermostat replaced, but from what I hear, it may not fix the problem. Another Jeep Cherokee owner has the same issue with the same 2.4L Tigershark engine.

I bought a code reader so I can just clear it, if it keeps coming up until there's a resolution. When the light is on, it prevents remote start from working.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You will need a new thermostat and it comes with the housing, at this time they are on back order. I would take it you have the 2.4l engine
Mine finally came in and it's schedule for today. Yes, I have that engine. I have no idea how long it will take them to do this; I hope not too long. I have a creak, like bushings or something in the front end I want them to look at while they have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.