Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need some help peeps. I am throwing a p0420 code. Bank 1.

I replaced both o2 sensors. I also had a misfire in 2. Took the head off and put in some new gaskets. Car is running much better and that nasty misfire is gone. Stupid spark plug gasket! Anyway, it's still throwing the 420 code. Anyone have issues with o2 sensors that may not match up perfectly? I hate to think it's the CAT. Mileage is at 121000. That misfire might have caused damage to the evap system?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, I am in agreement here. The temp on the front of the CAT is 240 coming out is 209. I went searching for a CAT online and it looks like all I can find is the front evap. Anyone have any luck finding the main CAT?

·
Super Moderator
3,353 Posts
Guys, I am in agreement here. The temp on the front of the CAT is 240 coming out is 209. I went searching for a CAT online and it looks like all I can find is the front evap. Anyone have any luck finding the main CAT?
I took a look, my best guess is that it is sold as one part with the manifold. It's certainly priced like it. They are all over ebay for $1400 plus. I'd call up a parts place and talk to them and verify it's the right part.

I've generally found these guys to be reasonable and have gotten everything I have ordered form them. They only want $740 plus shipping.

https://www.buymoparpartsnow.com/oem-parts/mopar-exhaust-manifold-68246553aa?c=Zz1leGhhdXN0LXN5c3RlbSZzPWV4aGF1c3QtbWFuaWZvbGQmbD00Jm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMmYT1qZWVwJm89cmVuZWdhZGUmeT0yMDE1JnQ9dHJhaWxoYXdrJmU9Mi00bC1sNC1nYXM=

Whipped out the service manual and checked it. the cat and manifold are integrated for the 2.4l and it looks like the part above.

·
Super Moderator
2,840 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate all the info. I am just looking thought for the CAT not having to replace the mainfold too. That part is the one I am having lots of trouble finding.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I appreciate all the info. I am just looking thought for the CAT not having to replace the mainfold too. That part is the one I am having lots of trouble finding.
But the manifold is the CAT. They are built together as one piece.
If you are looking at the piece behind the flex pipe, that is a resonator, not the catalytic converter.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts