Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone has had this error (P1DB7)? Mine Is 2nd time when this appears.
Today in the service I was surprised (shocked) when I heard that I have a problem with the gearbox (9speed auto) and it is a solution just to replace the gearbox, which cost £8,522.27... What the h... when the price of my Renegade is not that much.

Did someone meat this problem and has been repaired?

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

The problem with the transmissions in our Renegades, they are serviced for life.
That means that it doesn't require a service until it fails.

The extended warranty (MaxCare) for the Renegade (here in the U.S. anyways) is half the cost of the transmission replacement. Most people choose not to get the extended warranty because it is expensive, not realizing how much major parts cost to replace.

I am writing in hopes that you got an extended warranty.

What you could do is request for the transmission fluid be replaced. It is a process that has/usually has to be preformed at a repair facility due to special tools required to get the fluid level correct.
If the transmission fluid has broken down, or just dirty could be the cause of the transmission or torque converter slipping error.

If you have an extended warranty, go with the transmission replacement. If you don't, get the transmission fluid changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know if I can identify exactly what type of gearbox is mounted on the car by VIN number?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

The problem with the transmissions in our Renegades, they are serviced for life.
That means that it doesn't require a service until it fails.

The extended warranty (MaxCare) for the Renegade (here in the U.S. anyways) is half the cost of the transmission replacement. Most people choose not to get the extended warranty because it is expensive, not realizing how much major parts cost to replace.

I am writing in hopes that you got an extended warranty.

What you could do is request for the transmission fluid be replaced. It is a process that has/usually has to be preformed at a repair facility due to special tools required to get the fluid level correct.
If the transmission fluid has broken down, or just dirty could be the cause of the transmission or torque converter slipping error.

If you have an extended warranty, go with the transmission replacement. If you don't, get the transmission fluid changed.

Anyway thank you for replay. I was thinking to replace the oil and filter on gearbox but the Jeep service where I was he said that the gearbox doesn't need to replace any oil or filter.

Personally I have messed up ut couple of automatic gearboxes like 6hp or Aisins, not new ones, and all of the manufacturers recommend replacing oil between 60 and 80k miles depends on the utilization, I don't see why not on 8 or 9HP.

I don't have an extended warranty as I did not buy it from new so I have no option just to visit an independent garage for oil change

Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts