Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at my car (2017) and noticed that the paint is bubbling on the hood. It's less than four years old. Is anyone else having this problem? Would this be covered under the extended warranty?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Photos would be useful.

I believe there's a rust-through warranty, but that's only if a body panel rusts all the way through.

Other than that, if you got a rock chip or something, and rust got under the paint and caused bubbling, I'm afraid not... You'd have an argument if you could prove this was caused by a paint defect (not a rock or something); but good luck...

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
618 Posts
I was just looking at my car (2017) and noticed that the paint is bubbling on the hood. It's less than four years old. Is anyone else having this problem? Would this be covered under the extended warranty?
does your hood have the shield on the hood ? if not maybe engine heat raised the paint, rust can cause bubbling of paint but on a vehicle under four years in age i do not think so

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
Years ago I learned a term when it comes to rusting.

Perforation, easily explained as rust penetrating from behind the paintwork and causing bubbling. This was on all 4 wheel arches of a Ford Orion that was 5 years old, from almost new (ex demo) and low mileage. The warranty was refused on age. It seems that the salt on UK roads can cause rapid deterioration of your chassis and body work and no warranty will accept this as being a factory fault nor normal wear and tear.

However, as has been suggested, the same will apply if your paintwork has been chipped and you failed to "touch up" the exposed bodywork or undercoat.

At 4 years old a Jeep should not be rusting to the extent that you are describing, in that, I agree with Jeff. Marek I also agree with and as he asked, supply the pictures for further detailed analysis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts