Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just got ours two days ago and we're probably going to do something. Ours is a tin-top, Trailhawk, yellow with the black roof and black blank hood decal. She'd have preferred a white one but we got an unsold 2015 for cheap so we couldn't really pass it up.

Our options, best as we can figure, are as follows:

• Vinyl-wrap or Plasti-dip the roof and the hood decal in white. This would help reduce the interior temperature (who thought black standard was a good idea?!) and will cost the least. Downside, vehicle is still yellow rather than white, and the coating will either need care (if Plasti-dip) or will eventually peel and change color (if vinyl).
  • Vinyl-wrap or Plasti-dip the roof in yellow, and peel the hood decal. This would also help reduce interior temperature, and the roof and hood would now match. Downside, vehicle is even more yellow, plus the care and wear issues.
  • Vinyl-wrap or Plasti-dip the whole vehicle in white. Protects the original finish, should help keep it cooler, and now it's white. Downsides are the wear and care issues,
  • Paint the roof white or yellow, and remove or dip the decal on the hood. Permanent, should wear well. Unfortunately if people like the black it'll reduce resale value. Probably costs the most and is essentially irreversible.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Heh. We have a yellow one and live in the desert, the black metal roof is on our list of things to change. Wife saw a Toyota FJ Cruiser, yellow with a white roof on the road today and she liked the color scheme, so I would not be surprised if that happens within the next year to this Trailhawk.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm also interested in knowing people's experience with dipping, wrapping or painting the Renegade's roof. So please keep us updated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I plan on wrapping the Windshield back to the MySky. Its 4-6" but I have Carbon Fiber vinyl that will match the MySky texturing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.