Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a Glacier Metallic paint stick. Dealer says Renegade paint sticks are not available yet and there is no part number. Part of the problem is these colors are not shared anywhere in the FCA lineup. Is this for real ? How could they put cars for sale before things like this are available ? If you have a part number please share.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am trying to get a Glacier Metallic paint stick. Dealer says Renegade paint sticks are not available yet and there is no part number. Part of the problem is these colors are not shared anywhere in the FCA lineup. Is this for real ? How could they put cars for sale before things like this are available ? If you have a part number please share.
I was just thinking about needing a glacier metallic paint stick yesterday.

It's crazy how easily chipped this paint is too...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Try these guys. I have used them before with good luck and just bought some commando. Haven't gotten it yet so not sure if it is perfect. Some of the names of the colors are different and/or in Italian so could be a crap shoot. The paint code should be checked against your Renegade regardless of what their name is.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/jeep/2015/renegade/

*edit, sorry, someone posted the same link above..

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try these guys. I have used them before with good luck and just bought some commando. Haven't gotten it yet so not sure if it is perfect. Some of the names of the colors are different and/or in Italian so could be a crap shoot. The paint code should be checked against your Renegade regardless of what their name is.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/jeep/2015/renegade/

*edit, sorry, someone posted the same link above..
Please post when you get the paint and tell us if it is a perfect match. This may be a good source for all of us since FCA does not have the paint yet.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dealer gave me a paint stick with my black trailhawk. Mopar part #04889820AC . I know it's not Glacier Metallic, but they are out there, I already used it, cant even tell.
Your color is brilliant black crystal which is a color that is shared with other FCA vehicles. Unfortunately most of the other Renegade colors are not shared and we have to wait for them to make them available. Come on FCA get this done.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I am having mine treated with Gardex, both inside and out. It normally costs £300 but at present it is on offer at £149 so I am having it. It is like a teflon coating. Liquid runs off the seats, rather than soaks into them, so they resilient to stains. Also the exterior paint is more resistant to stonechipping, bird poo, tree sap and I have been told that I will not have to wax the paintwork for the duration that I have it, which is three years. Take it back and get another one for another three years.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Which paint protection do you use?
Shop that did it installed Suntek. Personally, I would have done Xpel Ultimate if the shop installer did it, but they didn't like it for some reason. I have it on my Corolla and it's outstanding. Can't even tell it's on, but the samples of it showed it looking rough. Came out really nice. The Suntek one has a 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Please post when you get the paint and tell us if it is a perfect match. This may be a good source for all of us since FCA does not have the paint yet.
Got the little bottle of Commando in yesterday. The match is pretty good and for tiny touchups, I am pleased. I still have a bottle of the clearcoat leftover from previous orders and I topped it off with that.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the little bottle of Commando in yesterday. The match is pretty good and for tiny touchups, I am pleased. I still have a bottle of the clearcoat leftover from previous orders and I topped it off with that.

Thanks for the information. I may have to order from them if FCA does not make it available soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.