Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am thinking about painting all the trim and bumpers on my Renegade with monstaliner. I sent an email to monstaliner to see if it was possible(Adhesion). What I can't decide on is what color to go with. I kind of want something custom, however I am waiting on some sample chips to color match the orange. My question is what do you guys think? Do you think painting the trim orange(matching the decals) to much? or should I just stick with black? I have requested chip samples in "Red Head", "Zombie Sunset" and "Dark Burnt Orange." Here is the link - http://www.monstaliner.com/forms/monstaliner_colors.htm
I am sure it will pop with that much orange! Also here is a pic of my jeep. Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Car Regularity rally

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have had the same thought since I got my rene, except I will be going the line-x route and I will be keeping it black. but it won't be anytime soon--no room in the budget for that at the moment.

good luck with whatever color you choose, I am sure it will look sweet!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did my old CJ7 in red Herculiner inside and out, came out amazing for the price, and in general.

Take your time with the prep and putting it on and you'll be alright! Curious to see your final outcome!

·
Super Moderator
3,637 Posts
My $0.02

If they can't do exact color matching, absolutely do NOT do anything close to the body color. Just don't. It'll look FUBAR. As for orange with white? I'm not thinking anyone really notices the small bit of color on the logos, so they'll ask why. If you think it looks awesome, go for it, but even trying to do the "look at me" thing, I'm not sure orange is it. Pink or blue would probably work nicely. Any of the darker grays as well. Orange with white though, form a design perspective, tends to require a third color, usually something in the darker browns or a yellow, and that fights with the black in the window tint, etc.

From teh technical side, bed liner might protect form scratches, but it adds weight, and doesn't help (might even hurt a bit) the trim getting ripped off, which seems to be the bigger issue with the black plastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.