Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I tried my hand at painting the grey faded trim around the seven slots. I painted the trim black. This was the first time doing something like this. Even though it’s not perfect I think it looks better than before. I did not take apart the grill. That was a difficult to do so I left it on the vehicle. While attempting to take off the grill I put small crack in the bumper. I will repair it next weekend. As a bonus to painted the logo black. The logo would’ve turned out better if the wind didn’t blow the bags around the logo unto it. Over all I had some overspray but maybe if I get it buffed the overspray won’t show up as bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SMH. All the work I did this weekend and now I can’t enjoy my ride. I opened my panel and it stayed open. My MySky panel is stuck. It will not close. I’ll take it to the shop tomorrow. I’m disappointed. 😔

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
SMH. All the work I did this weekend and now I can’t enjoy my ride. I opened my panel and it stayed open. My MySky panel is stuck. It will not close. I’ll take it to the shop tomorrow. I’m disappointed. 😔
That absolutely sucks. Good job on the painting, though !! As anal retentive as I am, I would have to remove the grill, hang it then paint it. Use dental floss to pull off the lettering, paint it, the reapply. Good job on you leaving it be, saved a lot of time and headache (and broken plastic bits), and my paint job would come out just as good (or most likely worse) than yours !!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That absolutely sucks. Good job on the painting, though !! As anal retentive as I am, I would have to remove the grill, hang it then paint it. Use dental floss to pull off the lettering, paint it, the reapply. Good job on you leaving it be, saved a lot of time and headache (and broken plastic bits), and my paint job would come out just as good (or most likely worse) than yours !!
I tried my best. I would’ve had like to take the trim around the grill off and paint it. But I need a extra hand and a garage to get it perfect. It’s too much work and tools needed for that job. I’m satisfied for now. It looks better than having the faded grey trim. I been feelin the blacked out look on cars recently.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I tried my best. I would’ve had like to take the trim around the grill off and paint it. But I need a extra hand and a garage to get it perfect. It’s too much work and tools needed for that job. I’m satisfied for now. It looks better than having the faded grey trim. I been feelin the blacked out look on cars recently.
I think it came out good. My first comment "That absolutely sucks" was in reference to your roof panels getting stuck, NOT the paint job, in case you were wondering....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it came out good. My first comment "That absolutely sucks" was in reference to your roof panels getting stuck, NOT the paint job, in case you were wondering....
lol I figured you was talking about the MySky. It’s all good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts