Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It was raining yesterday, no snow and in the morning was very cold
I looked in my Service Manual (not Owner's Manual), and I didn't see any reference to sunroof drains. But there have to be drains, to drain off rainwater in the sunroof channels so it doesn't freeze or cause corrosion.

If so, I would suspect maybe your drains got clogged up, preventing the rain water from draining down before it froze. They shouldn't be clogged with a vehicle this new. Do you park outside, under trees?

Maybe something to look into after your trip...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I looked in my Service Manual (not Owner's Manual), and I didn't see any reference to sunroof drains. But there have to be drains, to drain off rainwater in the sunroof channels so it doesn't freeze or cause corrosion.

If so, I would suspect maybe your drains got clogged up, preventing the rain water from draining down before it froze. They shouldn't be clogged with a vehicle this new. Do you park outside, under trees?

Maybe something to look into after your trip...
Could be, I park outside and at the office there are some trees that I park under. Still, the first thing dealer said is that is written in owner s manual that sunroof are not to be open in winter... I knew that but I wanned to show off to a friend of mine, like, we girls, do... And since it wasn't that cold, I thought it will be alright. Is not like is my first car with sunroof. Ghess I was wrong :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmmm... I don't see anything like that in my U.S. 2021 Owner's Manual. Did the dealer actaully show you where that was written; or did you see it youself?
He just told me 🤭 but I wiill look up. Is possible to be different manual, based on location of the dealer. Couse I don't think it applies in Florida, where you can't find to buy a car with heated chairs. Mine's, is a full germany version that have options that weren't even available in Roumania or available at higher price, like the sunroof or the 19 inch tyres 🙈
I'll make a picture am send it if I find it.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Is possible to be different manual, based on location of the dealer.
I don't think there's a difference between German and Romanian versions of the Renegade. It's possible that certain options are available in Germany, compared to Romania; but the vehicles available all across Europe whould basically be the same. OK, except for left-hand-traffic countries like the UK Ireland, Malta... But except for the controls, even those should be identical to the other European vehicles.

And remember that all Renegades worldwide are made in Italy. So the differences between European and North American Renegades should also be small, mainly having to do with engines and our safety standards vs. the Europeans' (lighting, crash standards...).

By the way, was your Renegade imported from Germany? is the Owner's Manual in German, or Romanian?

Anyway, since a sunroof doesn't have anything to do with lighting or safety, I'm certain that my Panoramic Sunroof is identical to yours. And if my Owner's Manual doesn't mention anything about not operating it in winter (I'm at the the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, not in Florida :) ), then I'm certain yours doesn't either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think there's a difference between German and Romanian versions of the Renegade. It's possible that certain options are available in Germany, compared to Romania; but the vehicles available all across Europe whould basically be the same. OK, except for left-hand-traffic countries like the UK Ireland, Malta... But except for the controls, even those should be identical to the other European vehicles.

And remember that all Renegades worldwide are made in Italy. So the differences between European and North American Renegades should also be small, mainly having to do with engines and our safety standards vs. the Europeans' (lighting, crash standards...).

By the way, was your Renegade imported from Germany? is the Owner's Manual in German, or Romanian?

Anyway, since a sunroof doesn't have anything to do with lighting or safety, I'm certain that my Panoramic Sunroof is identical to yours. And if my Owner's Manual doesn't mention anything about not operating it in winter (I'm at the the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, not in Florida :) ), then I'm certain yours doesn't either.
I didn't said it was different as a car but different, as you said, in options.
I think the manual definitely has english and when I finish packing bags I will search. I coud be a bluff from the dealer, since I am a woman and I don't usually know stuff like that 😅
I will let you know!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
coud be a bluff from the dealer, since I am a woman and I don't usually know stuff like that 😅
Yeah, unfortunately that could be the case. These guys often try to bluff men and women. Or the service manager didn't know himself, and was guessing.

So your Owner's Manual is in English? I could understand that it wasn't in Romanian, but a manual for a Renegade from Germany should certainly be in German...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately that could be the case. These guys often try to bluff men and women. Or the service manager didn't know himself, and was guessing.

So your Owner's Manual is in English? I could understand that it wasn't in Romanian, but a manual for a Renegade from Germany should certainly be in German...
Well...it's in German only...🙈 just like you said 😊

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2019 Jeep Renegade with Panaromic sunroof, and having problems with it working correctly too. Having a lot of problems between Jeep and local dealership getting it fixed under warranty, as my vehicle is just about to go out of warranty. The window opens, but has a mind of it's own in stopping it before it goes all the way back, and then I can't move it back forward (to close) until it goes all the way back first, I can't stop it midway. Then it doesn't always close. Having a real nightmare with Jeep on the issue and costing me a lot of money from missed work on it as it is a work vehicle. Now they are telling me they don't know if they will cover it if I go above the warranty mileage while I wait to get it into another shop for a second go around of them allegedly looking into this. I can't affor the time off from work as this is a work vehicle for them to hold it this long, and they are really giving me a run around. Any definitive answers on what is the problem with these windows??

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I have a 2019 Jeep Renegade with Panaromic sunroof, and having problems with it working correctly too.
Are you sure you have the Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof, or the MySky sunroof? Big difference -- most people with trouble have the MySky, which seems to be much more susceptible to contamination.

As the OP, I've got the Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof. I've come to the conclusion that the "juddering" just while the glass panel is raising up is normal...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts