Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a Renegade with Parking Assist? Here in the UK I've been told it's not yet available and my dealer wasn't able to give a timescale as to when it would be. I'm wondering if this is just a UK issue, or worldwide?

Does anyone know when it will be available? Given Jeep's website makes a big thing about safety and parking assist is a big part of that is seems strange it can't be ordered yet!

· Registered
68 Posts
I have parking assist on my Australian TH.

To take this thread in a slightly different direction, can somebody explain to me how to use the PERPENDICULAR parking assist? The parallel parking assist is obvious, and works easily and works well. However, I haven't found the perpendicular parking feature.

By the way, I don't actually use it: I can drive, and park ...!

· Registered
75 Posts
Use the left and right arrows on the steering wheel to change it between parallel and perpendicular tried a couple of times to use mine but it always shuts itself off as soon as I switch to reverse. The auto park is a bit of a gimmick but I love the low speed all round monitoring very useful in the tight stupidly parked streets around me.

· Registered
31 Posts
I have parking assist on my Australian TH.

To take this thread in a slightly different direction, can somebody explain to me how to use the PERPENDICULAR parking assist? The parallel parking assist is obvious, and works easily and works well. However, I haven't found the perpendicular parking feature.

By the way, I don't actually use it: I can drive, and park ...!
I wanted the rearview camera, and I Denmark I had to get the full parking-package to get that.

I normally don't use the auto-parking, because I don't want to forget my parking-skills.
But once in a while, if it's a very tight spot, I admit, I cheat and use the auto-parking. And it usually works very well.

I have only used the parallel mode, but as Chris mentions, just use the arrows, after activating the park assist, to change to perpendicular.

· Registered
31 Posts
...tried a couple of times to use mine but it always shuts itself off as soon as I switch to reverse.
Could it be, that you are touching the steering wheel?
You have to remove your hands from the steering wheel, otherwise it disengage.

It works very well, so if it shuts itself off, and you are not touching the steering wheel, you should complain about it.

· Registered
68 Posts
Ok guys, thanks for the tip: I can now use PERPENDICULAR parking assist too. It also works well, And yes, I agree that the all-round proximity sensors are good. I actually find that the little Renegade seems quite big, as I come from a small-car environment and the visibility is not as good as I'm used to. But the many beeps make it easier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.