Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
to revisit this thread in 2020. I bought a pre-owned 2015 renegade that was a trade in for a larger vehicle, it's in great condition. Drove it off of the dealership lot and later that night i got the warning about this exact issue, DRL and Parking light out. 5 days later (getting a service appointment is bit more challenging with covid) the warning is suddenly gone and the lights are working. I didnt touch or change anything (?) im guessing this is more of an electrical issue rather than bulb issue?

·
Super Moderator
1,483 Posts
I'd change the bulbs for a quality brand and remove and check the bulb holders while at it.

Also apply silicon grease the rubber seals too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought an off-lease 2016 Altitude with 14K miles. I had the same issue with daytime running light and parking light going out on my test drive. The dealer replaced the entire DRL unit after trying to replace the bulbs. About two weeks later, the same DRL went out during a roadtrip. It will come on if I give it a tap, but goes out again pretty quickly. Taking it back to the dealer for servicing but seems like something is loose in the unit.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I had an intermittent fault with my DRLs after changing them to Canbus error free white LEDs. After about 1 year the error fault started showing on the dashboard. Further investigation revealed that the LEDs had partially burnt out. Replacing them back to the basic bulbs solved it and I have had no issues since.

If you search my topics and replies you will find the pictures I provided.

Hopefully it is something so simple and easy that has been overlooked just like I did with the bulbs.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Just bought an off-lease 2016 Altitude with 14K miles. I had the same issue with daytime running light and parking light going out on my test drive. The dealer replaced the entire DRL unit after trying to replace the bulbs. About two weeks later, the same DRL went out during a roadtrip. It will come on if I give it a tap, but goes out again pretty quickly. Taking it back to the dealer for servicing but seems like something is loose in the unit.
Hi Jerry,
Thanks for sharing this concern here - If you would like our additional assistance while working with your dealer, feel free to send us a private message!

Kathryn
JeepCares

21 - 28 of 28 Posts