Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just joined the forum and hoping to find some advice and help! I have a Renegade 1.4 Limited Awd, which has done about 600 miles. Since this morning the parking sensors and side distance warning systems have stopped working. Both the audible and visual warnings are off. When I try to switch it on a message saying there is a failure of the active parksense comes on in the central display.
The manual says this may be due to reduced voltage or electrical fault. Any suggestions please?

many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

had the same problem on mine after like 800 miles.

I have the system with front-, back- and side-sensors and a few hours after a car wash, they stopped working, just like yours. Took it to the dealer 3 days later to have it checked and on the way to the dealer, ParkSense suddenly worked again. I was shure that at the car wash, some water leaked into the sensors, connectors or anything, but the dealer told me, they found no problem even though they kept spraying water on the bumpers.

BUT: They downgraded my Uconnect software from 15.21.37 to 15.04.31 because Jeep told them that the new software was known to cause ParkSense problems.

Cpouldn't really believe it, but until now, no problems anymore, even after car wash or heavy rain. Also, fixed FCW and RearView camera guideline problems for me (both turned off randomly). Still somewhat annoying to have an older software now which is also missing some features (Uconnect Live, not sure if this is the same in the US). Plus on a longer ride to Austria, my navigation system suddenly stopped talking. As the newer software fixes some navigation issues in Europe, I guess this is also due to the software downgrade.

Best regards
Tobias

·
Registered
85 Posts
This might help... mine was built 2/2015, but have the same problem

TSB: 08-094-15

Subject: Flash: Park Assist Module (PAM) Enhancements

Overview: This bulletin involves reprogramming the Park Assist Module (PAM) with the latest available software.

Models: 2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade

Note: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before December 17, 2014 (MDH 1217XX) equipped with Parksense Rear Park Assist System (Sales Code XAA).

Symptom/Condition: A customer may notice the park assist system may not be available at start up.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I recommend referencing the TSB that reyTHny to your dealership, msin. Feel free to reach out to me if you would like assistance scheduling an appointment. Either way, be sure to keep us posted!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all! Tried the battery terminals suggestion, that hasn't worked.
Booked the car with dealership, can't see before Feb 3rd.
Just one query, with re to the TSB reyTHny posted; that refers to vehicles built before Dec 2014, doesn't it? So will it apply to recently built vehicles i.e Dec 2015?
Will keep all posted about the outcome, thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick update.
The car is still waiting to go into dealership to check uconnect software, but meanwhile the uconnect screen froze this morning and was unresponsive. Until it powered itself down!
Far too many software/electronic issues already for a new car, for my liking!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh boy, these software problems can be really annoying... Good luck they can fix it soon!

Cheers
Tobias

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Thanks all! Tried the battery terminals suggestion, that hasn't worked.
Booked the car with dealership, can't see before Feb 3rd.
Just one query, with re to the TSB reyTHny posted; that refers to vehicles built before Dec 2014, doesn't it? So will it apply to recently built vehicles i.e Dec 2015?
Will keep all posted about the outcome, thanks again!
Unfortunately it does not apply to any vehicles built after December 2014. I'd still say it's worth a shot to reference it to the dealership; the repair process could be very similar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.