Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2016 Jeep Renegade in December and the daytime running lights and parking lights on the passenger side have not worked properly since the day I bought it. The lights have flickered on and off for months, and the dealer just keeps replacing the bulbs. For the last week they haven’t worked at all. They’ve checked the wiring harness and it looks fine. They replaced the body control module today and the lights still will not work. I’ve had it into a dealer 7 or 8 times at least and still cannot find an issue or a fix after keeping it for days at a time. At one point one of the dash codes said open circuit. The Jeep had 15,200 miles on it when I bought it and has 29,000 miles now. Anyone have any thoughts??

·
Super Moderator
3,788 Posts
Sorry for your problem if your dealer can't find out what is wrong I would go to a different dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I bought a 2016 Jeep Renegade in December ...
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the mforum.

The light bulb socket. Try changing the left bulb socket with the right bulb socket.
If the issue moves to the drives side, you will know that it is the socket and not the bulb.

Reactions: Nev

·
Registered
2017 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Alpine White, 2018 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Omaha Orange
64 Posts
I had this issue on my 18, it kept losing the driver side blinker, I took the bulb holder out, cleaned the metal contacts, reseated the bulb, cleaned the connector at the harness and added dielectric, issue never came back, telltale sign is if you give it a little smack and it comes back on ...it is the socket.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I bought a 2016 Jeep Renegade in December and the daytime running lights and parking lights on the passenger side have not worked properly since the day I bought it. The lights have flickered on and off for months, and the dealer just keeps replacing the bulbs. For the last week they haven’t worked at all. They’ve checked the wiring harness and it looks fine. They replaced the body control module today and the lights still will not work. I’ve had it into a dealer 7 or 8 times at least and still cannot find an issue or a fix after keeping it for days at a time. At one point one of the dash codes said open circuit. The Jeep had 15,200 miles on it when I bought it and has 29,000 miles now. Anyone have any thoughts??
We sincerely regret to hear about your experience with your Jeep Renegade. If you decide to revisit the dealer, please feel free to reach out to our team via private message if you would like additional support.
Alex
Jeep Cares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts