Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
So this appears to be a yet ongoing problem. Freaked out when it happened to me a couple of hours ago. Ran across this site (Google is the Beast) and found the post regarding removing the negative battery terminal with the quick release grey tab to be spot on point. Left off for one minute. Reconnected and it started right up. Saved me a drained battery cause it was stuck in Accessory mode and would surely have been dead by morning. Saving me possibly more costs in towing and repair. Question is why is this this an issue after so many years 馃槼

Registered
My passive entry warning was on. The jeep has a Quick Connect on battery.. It Needs a REBOOT Once and a while. Disconnect for one minute and reconnect .. worked for me and it hasn't come back on and it's been over a year now
HI MY NAME IS FIXINGTHINGS57 HAD SAME ISSUE DISSCONNECT NEGATIVE BATTERY POST FOR 5 MINUTES
RECONNECT THAT FIXED MY WIFE'S CAR IT WAS DONE TODAY

Registered
I have a 2017 Jeep Renegade with 21K miles (yes, I have low mileage). The Service Passive Entry System message popped up on my dashboard, the dealer ask that I bring it in for diagnostic $189.00, so I looked it up on line and found this forum. I read through all the troubleshooting, the best that worked for me was remove the negative battery for a few minutes (these cars are computerized) to reboot the system and it work. It won't be the key fob battery because I've experience that a few years back, which has a notification indicator of its own. another option was to start the car, without having it run... but that option didn't work for me. Thank you for this forum and for the person who said "think people, think, these cars are computerized---- reboot! ;)

Registered
I have a 2017 Jeep Renegade with 21K miles (yes, I have low mileage). The Service Passive Entry System message popped up on my dashboard, the dealer ask that I bring it in for diagnostic $189.00, so I looked it up on line and found this forum. I read through all the troubleshooting, the best that worked for me was remove the negative battery for a few minutes (these cars are computerized) to reboot the system and it work. It won't be the key fob battery because I've experience that a few years back, which has a notification indicator of its own. another option was to start the car, without having it run... but that option didn't work for me. Thank you for this forum and for the person who said "think people, think, these cars are computerized---- reboot! ;)
Thank you mine had pretty much decided to quit cooperating completely today. Did the disconnect on the battery and it reset everything and allowed the car to start again.

Registered
This post is IT. Fixed the error about passive entry like a charm. Thank you for the advice, everyone. I always try to find a fix myself before resorting to bringing something to a shop, and this is exactly what I needed to find. I appreciate you all.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts