Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the manual -

The Passive Entry system is an enhancement to the vehicle’s Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) system and a feature of Keyless Enter-N-Go. This feature allows you to lock and unlock the vehicle’s door(s) without having to push the RKE transmitter LOCK or UNLOCK buttons.

I walk up to the car with the fob in my pocket and the doors unlock like it says above. However when I walk away from the vehicle and put the fob in the house I notice that the doors are not locking. Notice in the manual it says "lock and unlock" but this is not working. I can't see any way of locking the car without hitting the door lock button before closing the door, hitting the lock button on the handle, or using the fob lock button. Does this work for anybody or is this a software problem ?

·
Registered
285 Posts
The description of this feature is a bit misleading, huh? To lock the Renegade you have to either press the small black button on the doorhandle (with the fob close by) or use the fob itself to lock the car. It would be neat if once the fob got out of a certain range that the Jeep would lock.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The description of this feature is a bit misleading, huh? To lock the Renegade you have to either press the small black button on the doorhandle (with the fob close by) or use the fob itself to lock the car. It would be neat if once the fob got out of a certain range that the Jeep would lock.
Yes it is very misleading. They should revise their documentation. I have seen this feature on other cars so I don't see why this cannot be implemented. We should complain to Jeep and get the software changed to do this. Should be possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts

That is actually incorrect per the Jeep Care rep. I spoke with yesterday. If you have the passive enter n' go, there is a feature called " automatic lock on exit" in the UConnect settings that should lock your doors when the fob is moved about 5 feet from the vehicle. Apparently this is a pretty common problem and requires a reflash of the passive system at the dealer. I'll be heading in tomorrow to have mine done. Again, this is apparently only available with the passive entry system, so the older sport and Latitude models may not have it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That is actually incorrect per the Jeep Care rep. I spoke with yesterday. If you have the passive enter n' go, there is a feature called " automatic lock on exit" in the UConnect settings that should lock your doors when the fob is moved about 5 feet from the vehicle. Apparently this is a pretty common problem and requires a reflash of the passive system at the dealer. I'll be heading in tomorrow to have mine done. Again, this is apparently only available with the passive entry system, so the older sport and Latitude models may not have it.
please keep us updated on this. tell us if the reflash works.

on my 2017 TH the black button or the fob need to be pressed to lock . also just walking up to the car won't unlock it, you must place atleast 1 finger behind either front exterior door handle to unlock .

these processes are all i have ever read on how the passive locks work and exactly how it was explained to me by 2 different sales people in 2 different provinces.

i personally don't think a flash will help and that you are misinformed.....but i really hope i'm wrong. lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
please keep us updated on this. tell us if the reflash works.

on my 2017 TH the black button or the fob need to be pressed to lock . also just walking up to the car won't unlock it, you must place atleast 1 finger behind either front exterior door handle to unlock .

these processes are all i have ever read on how the passive locks work and exactly how it was explained to me by 2 different sales people in 2 different provinces.

i personally don't think a flash will help and that you are misinformed.....but i really hope i'm wrong. lol

Well apparently Jeep care was wrong. After sitting at the dealer for nearly 3 hours, they told me that’s not how that feature works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.