Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its okay in pounds or kilos, I can do the math. I haven't seen anything official.

I own my own business, a comic and game store. I am starting to shows a bit more, and max payload is a concern of mine. Though a trailer may work as well in the future!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Its okay in pounds or kilos, I can do the math. I haven't seen anything official.

I own my own business, a comic and game store. I am starting to shows a bit more, and max payload is a concern of mine. Though a trailer may work as well in the future!
If you mean Towing Capacity, it's 2,000 lbs with the 2.4L engine.

The inside cargo capacity, with Rear Seats Folded Down, is 50.8 cu ft.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) is 4,508lb for 4x4 models, 4,197lb for 4x2. Subtract vehicle weight from that and you get 1,316lb/1,172lb for 4x4/4x2 models respectively.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
"The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers."

And minusing about 400# for the liquids and one person, I'd guesstimate about 800# useful rear cargo for this Cute UV.

Thats a nice upper limit. For a 1000# of cargo, you have to start with a half-ton pickup. I broke a live axle on a new '65 Ford Country Squire wagon just loading a 1000# crankshaft. Learnt my lesson.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Towing is out for the gutless 1.4, so I wouldn't consider it suitable for commercial hauling or even frequent personal hauling of anything heavier than shopping bags or groceries.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
'65 Ford Country Squire wagon just loading a 1000# crankshaft. Learnt my lesson.
Years ago, friends offered me on old '65 Ford Country Squire for free, I said thanks, but no thanks, not like it was classic with value, not worth the money to fix it up.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The tow limit is 2000lbs, as long as nice size weighs less than that.

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tell me if I'm wrong, but what I'm reading here is that I can tow a maximum of 2000lbs on the hitch (200lbs tongue weight) plus have Rene loaded with an additional 800lbs (people/cargo).
I've been trying to get to the bottom of the towing spec for this thing. My wife and I are looking for a small camping trailer, but I've been looking for a trailer that is less than 1500lbs to accommodate the tow weight and our weights plus gear so we don't get to 2000lbs. If it's the way I phrased in the first sentence than everything becomes much easier, if not, well, the hunt continues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.