Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never liked the silver grille on Limited, the plan is to spray grille, mirrors, roof rails, wheels, light surrounds and badges in gloss black at a bodyshop that owes me a favour, and add some spacers when the wheels come off, but the silver grille and mirrors were annoying me, so decided to Plasti dipping them for now, but could only get the Rustoleum Peel Coat at short notice. Results below...

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looks like a great job.
I went the lazy route and ordered a new grille and mirrors, to be fitted by the dealer before delivery. Leaves me with spares too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a great job.
I went the lazy route and ordered a new grille and mirrors, to be fitted by the dealer before delivery. Leaves me with spares too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I nearly did that, but cost was about the same as getting all bits including wheels painted. It's not perfect, but will do until sprayed properly, a big improvement on silver grille!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I nearly did that, but cost was about the same as getting all bits including wheels painted. It's not perfect, but will do until sprayed properly, a big improvement on silver grille!

Fortunately my dealer worked some 'magic' with the parts department.
The parts and fitting are costing me about 45% of what it should ;)

The silver grille looks great on some colours, but not on the darker ones.

·
Registered
34 Posts
has the spacers on your wheels affected anything like stability and traction control, readings of the sensors or the feel of driving?

it look great! congrats!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
has the spacers on your wheels affected anything like stability and traction control, readings of the sensors or the feel of driving?

it look great! congrats!!
Thanks

No the spacers haven't affected anything apart from a possible dip in fuel economy, I'm guessing this would be down to extra drag, but I can't be sure

All sensors and traction control are as they should be, and if anything, it feels more stable.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Thanks

No the spacers haven't affected anything apart from a possible dip in fuel economy, I'm guessing this would be down to extra drag, but I can't be sure

All sensors and traction control are as they should be, and if anything, it feels more stable.
That's good to know, as no doubt there will be others that will be wanting to do the same and have their questions answered by your post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts