Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been kicking around the idea of making these. I have access to a CNC plasma cutter.
As drawn, they would be appx 24" wide. Could be steel, stainless, aluminum, etc. Material would affect price obviously.

Would there even be any interest? Never tried something like this before.

Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Make a small sample set and then tour any Car rallies etc with a laptop connected to a small screen.

The sample provides the back drop of what can be done. The monitor shows them the process and as time goes on it will show a newer variety of plates.

If people like me and the wife can pay for prints to put on number plates for the kids (now adults) then I am sure you are onto a winner as IDMOR says.

Often a thought can be turned into profit and you have gave this a lot of thought (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the thought. I'm not certain I can or want to make this into a business. There are a lot of custom sign guys out there. I just thought if I came up with a cool design unique to the renegade group, it might be a hit.

I'll be making some samples and post some pics here.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Oh it will certainly be a hit and not only on a Jeep forum but on any forum of your choice. Such is the beauty of using a plasma cutter with CNC (y)(y)(y)

·
Super Moderator
3,708 Posts
Nice! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another concept. Same overall size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts