Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Renegade with the 5.0 UConnect system, and have been having call quality issues on and off since my purchase last week. For most callers, they hear a loud ambient/wind sound in the background of my voice on calls. In addition, when I dial out through the system, I will sometimes get a crackling and/or breaking up in sound while the phone is ringing and during the first 10-20 seconds of the call.

Has anyone had this issue? Any resolution? I called UConnect help and did a soft reset, but that didn't solve the issue.

This is likely not a phone issue, since the media (aka streaming music) seem to work fine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Bluetooth in the Renegade is actually the best I've ever used. I've been very impressed with it. I rarely have to repeat myself as I have often had to do with other systems. It is glitchy sometimes as far as staying connected to the phone.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
The Bluetooth in the Renegade is actually the best I've ever used. I've been very impressed with it. I rarely have to repeat myself as I have often had to do with other systems. It is glitchy sometimes as far as staying connected to the phone.
I have to agree on the quality. My wife keeps thinking I'm calling her from home. I do turn down the HVAC fan and have the windows up when using it though.

As for connection issues, I've only experienced them either due to running navigation at the same time on my phone, or by keeping it in my pocket, which occasionally shifting positions seems to cause bluetooth to drop signal. Put it in a cup holder, or on the dash mount, and zero problems outside the nav thing.

I have a new Renegade with the 5.0 UConnect system, and have been having call quality issues on and off since my purchase last week. For most callers, they hear a loud ambient/wind sound in the background of my voice on calls. In addition, when I dial out through the system, I will sometimes get a crackling and/or breaking up in sound while the phone is ringing and during the first 10-20 seconds of the call.

Has anyone had this issue? Any resolution? I called UConnect help and did a soft reset, but that didn't solve the issue.

This is likely not a phone issue, since the media (aka streaming music) seem to work fine.
The crackiling during connect isn't your car, it's your cell phone carrier and/or cell network. I have AT&T, when connected to the big cell tower near my home, I get it periodically. No real rhyme or reason.

·
Registered
125 Posts
tbee,

I'm sure you've already checked for this since you contacted Uconnect help, but just in case, have you looked to see your Uconnect system has any software upgrades available: https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/
I tried to download the update, but it wouldn't work, called Uconnect and they couldn't help, told me to contact my dealership ..........I am still waiting...........

·
Registered
112 Posts
When I downloaded the update the first time, I used the recommended format from the site and my Renegade wouldn't recognize the thumb drive for the update. I then downloaded it a second time using the FAT32 format on my thumb drive, and it worked perfectly in my Renegade. I had to do the "manual" download since I couldn't get the assistant to work on my laptop. You may try downloading it again, but use the FAT32 format on your drive. It took about 10 minutes to upload to my radio, and everything works great. I didn't lose any station presets like some folks have reported.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.