Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was putting the front panel back on, this tiny piece of plastic fell off from the latch area :( . The power open/close seems to work fine, but I haven't had it out on the road yet. I'm hoping nothing negative results from this, but I have to wonder what this tiny piece's function was?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had two of those fall off mine after just 3 days band new!

But I looked at the latch and it is fine, it looks like just a side guide thing. I don't think it serves any real purpose as the hook at the tip of the arm and the handle do all the real work in the latch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
Didn't get my sky on mine and was sad at the time of purchase. Now I'm glad I didn't after seeing all the issues others have with them. Likely why my selling dealer has +-25 Renegades and 0 have the my sky option.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My cousins my sky had to whole from plastic piece fly off. He had brought into the dealership because he noticed it was loose. The took forever replacing it because they claimed they ordered the wrong part. Once they finished and he went to get the car, he noticed it was still loose. Told them again to fix it before even leaving the dealership. They "fixed" it. A few days later on the freeway it blew off the car.

I'm glad I didn't get my sky. I hardly ever use any of my sunroofs on all the other cars I owned and my sky would've gotten in the way of a roof rack. Now with the hold up issues when launching and the problems they still have...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.