Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,444 Posts
That stinks!
I had a sway bar link break off on a trail. when I changed my tire I left it in it. They guys at the tire shop thought it was funny. $275.00 bucks of funny.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
OMFG you 2. o_Oo_Oo_O wtf :p:p:p

If your escapades don't reinforce the need to carry a full size spare wheel and a jack with you then I don't know what will.

Love the pictures and thankyou for showing them as it illustrates the hazards involved very clearly.

Can I trust you both made it successfully off the track? :eek::D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I have a full size spare under everything. It's the original Falken but since I need to order a tire I'm getting 2 new Pirellis.
Used the HiLift on the rockslide, worked good enough but I need to get an adapter to make it work better.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Naches, no, you misunderstood my comment. I was giving you a thumbs up for your endeavours (y)(y)(y)

I was inferring that others need to be cautious of the trails that they venture upon with no back up.

My sincerest apology for making you think that you would be so negligent 😢

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
161 Posts
A can of Fix-a-Flat can’t fix that!

·
Super Moderator
3,444 Posts
Never use fix a flat that stuff will stop a tire shop from putting a patch on the tire if the nail, screw or bolt is in the tread. Plus it is very flammable.
Both of our Jeep have full size spare tires. 35" on the JK & 235 65 17 on the BU.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
161 Posts
Never use fix a flat that stuff will stop a tire shop from putting a patch on the tire if the nail, screw or bolt is in the tread. Plus it is very flammable.
Both of our Jeep have full size spare tires. 35" on the JK & 235 65 17 on the BU.
I’d definitely prefer to have a spare tire, but I assume that if you have the MySky option, such as mine does, there is no room for a spare since the roof panels take up the space in the trunk where the spare would go.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Naches, no, you misunderstood my comment. I was giving you a thumbs up for your endeavours (y)(y)(y)

I was inferring that others need to be cautious of the trails that they venture upon with no back up.

My sincerest apology for making you think that you would be so negligent 😢
No offense taken, I was simply explaining what happened for clarity. And yes, you need to be prepared for trails like that. I don't go on those rough trails by myself either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts