Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have these tires coming this week in 225/65/17 for my Trailhawk. These tires are so new they don't even have any reviews on TireRack for any vehicle. Bug promises though by Pirelli and great reviews by professional reviewers... for what that's worth. Guess I'll be the Guinea pig. They "look" great though 馃槈

Attachments

Registered
Nice! I'd be curious to hear your opinion on them after you get them installed. I have the exact same plan for my Trailhawk once my Falkens wear down.

Registered
man, i would run them for sure. look much beter than the regular atr that came stock on ford f150...they were horriabl as an AT. these look good.

might have to swap out my geolanders go15 that i'm a bit disappointed with

Registered
I want to install the same set and size of Scorpion A/Ts on my 2017 Trailhawk with stock 17 inch wheels.. Will they fit without spacers or rubbing issues? Thanks.

Registered
I have these tires coming this week in 225/65/17 for my Trailhawk. These tires are so new they don't even have any reviews on TireRack for any vehicle. Bug promises though by Pirelli and great reviews by professional reviewers... for what that's worth. Guess I'll be the Guinea pig. They "look" great though 馃槈
Hey Pavia. Did you ever get these tires installed on your TH? I'm deciding between these and the BFG KO2 as they both have the most aggressive tread and sidewalls compared to other brands in a 225/65R17. The BFGs were essentially the only choice if you wanted the most aggressive look but now we have the Pirellis as an option. Also, looks like the Pirellis are only 29lbs a piece which is about the same weight as the stock Falkens I currently have on my TH versus 41lbs for the BFGs. That's a significant difference. I don't go offroad often but would like a good offroad tire and the Pirellis seem to be a good option. Plus they come with a 50k mile warranty and are about $50 less per tire over the BFGs. Would love to see some pictures if you could share some. Thanks.

Registered
Very interested in this as well, as these are the same tires (and size) I'll be going with for my TH. I like that the tread falls in between the G015 and KO2 (aggressive wise), yet weighs the same as the G015 (30/lbs ea). I like the KO2's also, but a 40 lb truck tire with 5 ply sidewalls is total overkill for a Renegade's ability.
The AT Plus looks like it's the "sweet spot" for me.
Looking forward to the pics!

ETA: Toyo Open Country AT 225/65/17 is another option (in same, 30 lb, weight class).

Registered
Hey Pavia. Did you ever get these tires installed on your TH? I'm deciding between these and the BFG KO2 as they both have the most aggressive tread and sidewalls compared to other brands in a 225/65R17. The BFGs were essentially the only choice if you wanted the most aggressive look but now we have the Pirellis as an option. Also, looks like the Pirellis are only 29lbs a piece which is about the same weight as the stock Falkens I currently have on my TH versus 41lbs for the BFGs. That's a significant difference. I don't go offroad often but would like a good offroad tire and the Pirellis seem to be a good option. Plus they come with a 50k mile warranty and are about $50 less per tire over the BFGs. Would love to see some pictures if you could share some. Thanks.
Hi all I'm new to the forum and registered specifically for this tire information a couple days ago. I pulled the trigger and decided to be the tester since I still hadn't seen any pictures or reviews. I can confirm that the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus in 225/65/R17 do NOT rub at all, do not require spacers, nor an additional lift on my 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. Everything on my Trailhawk is stock except for these new wheels. They fit perfectly and again no rubbing, the Renegade now sits about 1/2 inch taller than it did before the tire swap.

Sorry for the poor quality pics, it was sunny outside and my camera on my phone isn't the greatest. They look SO much better than the stock Goodyear tires IMO. Much more aggressive. The pictures don't really do it justice, they look better in person. A BFG KO2 probably looks slightly more aggressive, but with these Pirelli All Terrain Plus it no longer looks like the Trailhawk is "squeezed into a pair of skinny jeans" anymore like it did with the stock tires.

I drove on the freeway and while there is SLIGHTLY (and I mean ever so slightly) more road noise than the stock Goodyear tires, but it's negligible and hardly noticeable unless you're specifically listening to compare it. They're far quieter than mud tires or other All Terrain tires I've driven on other vehicles.

Attachments

Registered
Hi all I'm new to the forum and registered specifically for this tire information a couple days ago. I pulled the trigger and decided to be the tester since I still hadn't seen any pictures or reviews. I can confirm that the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus in 225/65/R17 do NOT rub at all, do not require spacers, nor an additional lift on my 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. Everything on my Trailhawk is stock except for these new wheels. They fit perfectly and again no rubbing, the Renegade now sits about 1/2 inch taller than it did before the tire swap.

Sorry for the poor quality pics, it was sunny outside and my camera on my phone isn't the greatest. They look SO much better than the stock Goodyear tires IMO. Much more aggressive. The pictures don't really do it justice, they look better in person. A BFG KO2 probably looks slightly more aggressive, but with these Pirelli All Terrain Plus it no longer looks like the Trailhawk is "squeezed into a pair of skinny jeans" anymore like it did with the stock tires.

I drove on the freeway and while there is SLIGHTLY (and I mean ever so slightly) more road noise than the stock Goodyear tires, but it's negligible and hardly noticeable unless you're specifically listening to compare it. They're far quieter than mud tires or other All Terrain tires I've driven on other vehicles.
Hey Paul, 1st, thanks for sharing and being the guinea pig. They look really nice and way better than stock. What a world of difference tires make. Yes, the BFGs may look slightly more aggressive but at an additional cost not just in $ but in weight and mpg so I think the Pirellis are a great option without losing that aggressive non "skinny jeans" look. Haha.

How's the ride? What PSI are the tires inflated to? Have you had a chance to take it off road yet? If so, how does it perform?

Registered
Hey Paul, 1st, thanks for sharing and being the guinea pig. They look really nice and way better than stock. What a world of difference tires make. Yes, the BFGs may look slightly more aggressive but at an additional cost not just in $ but in weight and mpg so I think the Pirellis are a great option without losing that aggressive non "skinny jeans" look. Haha.

How's the ride? What PSI are the tires inflated to? Have you had a chance to take it off road yet? If so, how does it perform?
Ran outside to check, the Renegade's TPMS says they're all at 41PSI. I took them down a dirt road on the way home and drove onto a parking block :laugh: to test for rubbing and none occurred. I won't be able to really go off road properly with steep hills, rocks, and finding proper lines of approach etc until about later this week maybe Friday or Saturday. With that said, the ride felt great. The best thing was feeling that little half inch taller. Makes me want to get the full lift kit, although I'm still iffy on that if it's really worth it since it doesn't adjust the suspension, just the body height.

After I am able to take it TRULY off road I will report back with an update on their performance in the field.

Registered
Ran outside to check, the Renegade's TPMS says they're all at 41PSI. I took them down a dirt road on the way home and drove onto a parking block :laugh: to test for rubbing and none occurred. I won't be able to really go off road properly with steep hills, rocks, and finding proper lines of approach etc until about later this week maybe Friday or Saturday. With that said, the ride felt great. The best thing was feeling that little half inch taller. Makes me want to get the full lift kit, although I'm still iffy on that if it's really worth it since it doesn't adjust the suspension, just the body height.

After I am able to take it TRULY off road I will report back with an update on their performance in the field.
Ah ok. Seems like the stock Falkens I have are at 43PSI and of course it fluctuates depending on temperature. I wonder what the optimal tire pressure is. I'm guessing around 40PSI range. Glad to hear there's not rubbing at all.

Yeah, not sure if a 1.5" lift kit is worth it since we have the TH and it's already 1" higher than other non TH so like you said it would just lift the body unless you go with a 4" kit but then you're talking lots of $. I'm happy with my TH the way it is as it's my daily commuter so it's nice to have a vehicle that can be a weekend warrior without sacrificing mpg.

I've ordered the Pirellis and they should be in next week so hopefully you'll have some feedback after you've taken it properly off road. Thanks again for sharing.

Registered

Hey Paul, did you get a chance to take your TH off road with the new Pirelli's? I'm supposed to get mine installed tomorrow so just wanted to see if you had any feedback on how they performed. Thanks.

Registered
Hey Paul, did you get a chance to take your TH off road with the new Pirelli's? I'm supposed to get mine installed tomorrow so just wanted to see if you had any feedback on how they performed. Thanks.
Wasnt able to do anything hardcore yet like rock climbing, but I did take them into some sandy hills and culverts urban offroading and it felt like it made a world of difference over the stock Goodyear tires. I had run through the same little empty lots with the stock tires right after I bought it. Did it at an old tract neighborhood that had the irrigation lines, drainage basins, etc dug out but never got developed back in 2008 after the housing crash, so the land has been sitting for 10 years getting grown over and washed out with every rain, great little urban area to jeep in, people do it all the time on quads etc here. Definitely glad I went with these Pirelli tires!

Registered
Wasnt able to do anything hardcore yet like rock climbing, but I did take them into some sandy hills and culverts urban offroading and it felt like it made a world of difference over the stock Goodyear tires. I had run through the same little empty lots with the stock tires right after I bought it. Did it at an old tract neighborhood that had the irrigation lines, drainage basins, etc dug out but never got developed back in 2008 after the housing crash, so the land has been sitting for 10 years getting grown over and washed out with every rain, great little urban area to jeep in, people do it all the time on quads etc here. Definitely glad I went with these Pirelli tires!
Sounds great. Thanks for the update. After I get my tires, I plan on taking it on a few short easy-moderate trails as I'm not sure how the family will handle anything more than that. Plan on doing the Phillips Loop at Calico to see Kramer's Arch. Hopefully, it'll have enough articulation and ground clearance to get through the arch. You think it'll make it?

Linky:

Registered
Does anyone know why the stock tyres in the UK for the Trailhawk are 215/60/17 while in the US they are 215/65/17? I would like to use these new Pirelli Scopions as they do look good and have a good specification but will they fit a UK spec car?

Registered
Quick question about the spare tire. Did you buy 5 tires? Does it fit the space? The tire bigger a little bit, so does it fit the space space?

Registered
Quick question about the spare tire. Did you buy 5 tires? Does it fit the space? The tire bigger a little bit, so does it fit the space space?
No, I didn't purchase a 5th tire for the spare so not sure if it would fit in the trunk space. Figure, the smaller tire should be fine if I needed it in a pinch.

Super Moderator
I just got these installed on my trailhawk today. I got a fifth for the spare. It fits in the storage area. Just. Might actually lift the storage floor a teensy bit but it's hard to tell. Floor doesn't wobble.

I'm really liking the tire. Really quiet for an at tire. Compared to the Goodyears it is a bit louder on concrete highway, and has a hint of that at wub-wub up around 70 regardless of surface.

Put about 50 miles on them today. Filled to 39 psi by the shop. I'll have to chalk them.

Registered
I just got these installed on my trailhawk today. I got a fifth for the spare. It fits in the storage area. Just. Might actually lift the storage floor a teensy bit but it's hard to tell. Floor doesn't wobble.

I'm really liking the tire. Really quiet for an at tire. Compared to the Goodyears it is a bit louder on concrete highway, and has a hint of that at wub-wub up around 70 regardless of surface.

Put about 50 miles on them today. Filled to 39 psi by the shop. I'll have to chalk them.
Thanks for that info! I plan on running those same tires (Pirelli ATPlus 225/65r17) and was wondering about how the spare would fit. I LOVE that these are about the same weight as stock (both P rated) yet have more aggressive tread. Not to mention these are going for about $70 LESS per tire than KO2's (as well as being severe weather three peak rated, unlike the KO2's)! IMHO, this is the perfect tire/tread match for this vehicle.
Thanks again for the info! Would you be able to post any pics of your tires on your Renny? As well as if you are stock or lift, spacers are not? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

Registered
Thanks for that info! I plan on running those same tires (Pirelli ATPlus 225/65r17) and was wondering about how the spare would fit. I LOVE that these are about the same weight as stock (both P rated) yet have more aggressive tread. Not to mention these are going for about $70 LESS per tire than KO2's (as well as being severe weather three peak rated, unlike the KO2's)! IMHO, this is the perfect tire/tread match for this vehicle.
Thanks again for the info! Would you be able to post any pics of your tires on your Renny? As well as if you are stock or lift, spacers are not? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!
KO2 are severe snow rated. the original KO wasn't

1 - 20 of 32 Posts